St Patty's Day In The "Lou"~2015

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Uecker_seats
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
St Patty's Day In The "Lou"~2015

Post by Uecker_seats » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:22 pm

Hello! We are less then a month away from one of my favorite holidays, St Patrick's Day! It's always been big here I remember as a kid going downtown the Saturday before St Patty's with my dad and little brother, when the parade still went down Chestnut St. Now due to popularity over the years to accommodate the crowds it heads west on Market St., as well as The Ancient Order of Hibernians parade in Dogtown that is on St Patrick's day, no matter what day of the week lt's on. I owned a home in Dogtown with my first wife for almost 14 years, and when she moved out the last 4 parties seemed even better! Anyway, that was my "lone" big patty of the year, and had everything from Bagpipers from the parade we were throwing cans of beer to for tunes after the parade, to the 24th district Alderman showing up wearing his "Eb" from Green Acres hat on his boarded donkey, he is a attorney and running again after all these years! The tradition continues in my Southtown bungalow on Saturday, March 14th this year! All members of this board are invited! Judging from the last two years, I will also make The Ueck Guarantee that it WILL be the BEST corned beef sandwich anywhere in the city of St Louis! Family, friends neighbors, great food and drink, green Dos Equis bottles , and the occasional Don Julio/and or Tito's vodka shots will be available from noon to ~??? (Sorry folks no whiskey, so please BYOB for that if you like!), soda and iced tea also for the non-drinkers new potato's marble rye bread and also the traditional corned beef and cabbage. My mom also makes a few killer lemon moorage sheet cakes too. Can’t promise any half assed politicians showing up on their donkey, or bagpipers appearing, since I don't live 2 blocks from the Hibernians parade route anymore, but it's still a blast! Please shoot me a PM so I can get a approx. idea for the additional guests food and booze wise, we did 6 rounds and one briscuit last year! Oh and also if you like Rueben’s will also have home made 1000 Island dressing and sauerkraut for that! Hope to hear from y’all !!!!!! :mrgreen: