I guess nothing stays the same...

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

canucker
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
I guess nothing stays the same...

Post by canucker » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:32 pm

I first started reading every posting on this forum back when PV.net was busy and vibrant. My, how times have changed. I am now looking forward to my 5th trip to PV. Last trip was 1.5 years ago and I recall this forum was pretty lax then. It is too bad, I used to enjoy the experiences of the posters, the suggestions, places to see and do etc. etc.

So, I guess I can't get my daily PV Fix here anymore. It really is a shame!!!

Canucker

Uecker_seats
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

leaning twards FB

Post by Uecker_seats » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:01 pm

Most travel forums of this nature seem to be dwindeling literally 'across the board' with people relying more on FB as the social medium when it comes to travel related news. With the passing of Brenda, it appears that board will dissappear unless someone steps up and pays for it to continue. Then there is Rick's board, vallartascent.com, and he unbelievably has a VERY strong legion of followers, really about the only thing good about that board is who to avoid in the PV ex pat community when your there. TA is a total joke, if you look on that site, totals over 45K+ posts on it's PV forum, with fully 21K+ of them by the imfamous "DE" alone that he uses for personal financial gain, which is against the rules.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Hi Canucker

Post by katnsocal » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:20 pm

I remember you from way back when...

It is kinda sad to see how the old forums have just kinda disappeared in favor of FB and TA.

You can get your PV fix here if the people that still check this forum, would start posting again.

You want your fix of the day...the rain for the most part has stopped (except there is a tropical depression forming way to the south, that may strengthen into something in a couple of days. The water is clearing up, but with a storm that will change. The Marlin are back and everyone is heading to open water for fishing.

Holiday Inn is closed for remodeling and will open as a Sunscape resort.

Tragically a 10-year-old girl drowned down by Los Muertos pier 2-days ago. Parents watch your kids in the ocean.

There is your PV fix. 😀

Chevy Man
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Chevy Man » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:07 pm

Back after being gone for three years. Hearing about the approaching hurricane, hope PV doesn't sustain two much damage. Stay safe.

Uecker_seats
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

rainey

Post by Uecker_seats » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:08 pm

Ugh.........Reports of any inclement weather in the Bay of Banderas are completly sensationalized by the press in the US. For credible information, go to that joke of a commercial forum for updates. I would much rather trust a weather expert (and expert of everything else PV related) who is over 2200 miles away in western Canada, or a fake captain who resides there for your current updates, the US press is incorrect, do not believe it :D . I do feel for peoole who are getting their flights delayed because of this........

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by davilin » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:46 pm

Several years ago there was a major falling out among members of this forum. It got really nasty, lots of mud being slung, and since then I've only been back a couple of times. Sad what has happened to a once fun forum.

Uecker_seats
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Uecker_seats » Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:15 am

Been OTR and just seeing the mass devastation of the storm of the century, thoughts and prayers are there. God bless Puerto Vallarta. Things can and will get better, your a strong community.