Dicovery channel

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

slippery pete
Dicovery channel

Post by slippery pete » Wed Jan 07, 2004 1:47 am

Just wondering if anyone knows if we will get the discovery channel back

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Re:Discovery channel

Post by smitty » Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:51 pm

Don't really understand your question. Do you mean in PV or at your residence ?

slippery pete

Post by slippery pete » Sun Jan 11, 2004 8:43 am

Smitty (Jan 09, 2004 06:51 p.m.):
Yeah in PV. my discovery channel has been taken off. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else.

condor
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by condor » Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:21 am

slippery pete (Jan 11, 2004 03:43 a.m.):
Smitty (Jan 09, 2004 06:51 p.m.):
Yeah in PV. my discovery channel has been taken off. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else.
If you are talking about an Analog (big) dish your right you lost Disovery just after the 1st of the year. Discovery has gone digital with its East feed but you can still get the West feed at C4-21. Hope that is what you were looking for or talking about.

slippery pete

Re:Dicovery channel

Post by slippery pete » Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:12 am

thanx for the reply. i only have cable tv here, it used to come in on channel 36 but it seems to have gone for good since last week. Too bad as it was one of the best channels to watch.

matt
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by matt » Wed Jan 28, 2004 5:45 am

Hey Pete,

I think the scientists have already discovered everything there is to discover. The Discovery Channel probably just ran out of new material to show :-)

Have you looked into getting Dish Networks or DirecTV service. They may carry the Discovery Channel. I don't know what the price comparison to cable is, because the cable company dosen't offer service to my PV neighborhood. There are a lot of price specials for satellite tv service these days.

Off Topic: Back at my new house in the U.S., I dumped the cable company and went to satellite after two months of substandard service: cable never buried and still running across the street (with cars and trucks running over it), some kind of unrepaired fault in the company's main distribution cable, a weak signal on the higher frequency channels, two straight days of signal outage and then a broken converter box that would take a week to fix. After I switched, I began to notice that all of my neighbors have satellite tv also.

slippery pete

Post by slippery pete » Wed Jan 28, 2004 6:18 am

matt (Jan 28, 2004 12:49 a.m.):
Hey Pete,

I think the scientists have already discovered everything there is to discover. The Discovery Channel probably just ran out of new material to show :-)

Have you looked into getting Dish Networks or DirecTV service. They may carry the Discovery Channel. I don't know what the price comparison to cable is, because the cable company dosen't offer service to my PV neighborhood. There are a lot of price specials for satellite tv service these days.

IT'S BACK AGAIN ON CHANNEL 36 AGAIN - SMILE -
Off Topic: Back at my new house in the U.S., I dumped the cable company and went to satellite after two months of substandard service: cable never buried and still running across the street (with cars and trucks running over it), some kind of unrepaired fault in the company's main distribution cable, a weak signal on the higher frequency channels, two straight days of signal outage and then a broken converter box that would take a week to fix. After I switched, I began to notice that all of my neighbors have satellite tv also.