Memories of Mexico

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God
Memories of Mexico

Post by smitty » Sat Jan 24, 2004 12:40 am

Just wondering what really stays with you after the holidays are over ? Those thoughts that always float back when you are day dreaming or are stressed. For me it is having breakfast and watching the ocean and seeing Dolphins. This always cheers me up and reminds me to get back to PV soon.

Suzy

Re:Memories of Mexico

Post by Suzy » Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:50 am

Smitty (Jan 23, 2004 07:40 p.m.):
Just wondering what really stays with you after the holidays are over ? Those thoughts that always float back when you are day dreaming or are stressed. For me it is having breakfast and watching the ocean and seeing Dolphins. This always cheers me up and reminds me to get back to PV soon.
I don't ever rely on my memory...I take Lots & Lots of pictures...LOVE looking at them time and again..brings back sooo many special moments.
Arriving in PV 1-26 IF the weather in West Pa. allows...Grrrrr winter storm heading my way ....will be staying at the Camino Real...any comments about there?
Just found this site a few days ago...love it, but my eyes are becoming crossed trying to read everything in the short time I have before leaving.. .

joc
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by joc » Sat Jan 24, 2004 2:55 am

That is so true! When I got back from PV, I looked at my pictures everyday! I loved telling people about my trip and the wonderful people we met. Also, reading other people's experiences on this web board makes me envious of them leaving soon to go back. I also keep in touch with people that live in PV, so it's nice to hear from them and find out what's going on down there.

dr pepper

Post by dr pepper » Thu Feb 12, 2004 1:00 am

I'm so jealous! I don't know what came over me ... I was in PV the last week of Jan, I had the TIME of my life! But every time I was ANYWHERE - either scenery, or more so with people, I didn't have my camera! Coming back to the cold, wet, damp winter of Vancouver BC was depressing enough... but I have no pictures of any of the people I met... I'm so distraught about that! But that is all the more reason for me to get back there!!

misstiffany1977
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by misstiffany1977 » Mon Feb 16, 2004 3:56 am

Being on top of the Hotel Eloisa by myself on an incredible day -blue sky, white clouds, listening to my music -- just taking it all in, the sights, the sounds, the smells. I was spending a few days solo in my bare feet and swimsuit, feeling comfortable with myself, not thinking of anything. Stretching and just dreaming of the day I can own my own little place up on the hill, looking down on this amazing town. Ahhhh......Thank you Smitty :)

Counting down the days till I return to my Vallarta.....

Tiffany

howard_jax
PV Master
PV Master

Post by howard_jax » Mon Feb 16, 2004 4:41 pm

What a great thread!!!!. I think that the best for us, is always having the camera with us and having the photgraphic memories. The last few years we have gone digital and there is nothing like seeing the pictures on the 60" big screen to make you feel there. Been going 20 years and it, believe it or not, gets better each time. Only wonder when I look at the old snap shots, and then the new digitals, who was that young couple from 20 years ago? But then I realize that the couple in the new ones, appreciate PV even more.

winterpegman

Post by winterpegman » Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:48 pm

I rely on neither photographs...nor memories...I just keep going back!

LMAO I just realised I've been a member on this board since 2001...and never posted!!!

( I actually just remembered I had registered...and in the "early" days, I wasn't too interested in posting...as much as reading)anyway..cheers!

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Fri Feb 20, 2004 3:14 pm

Pictures, souvenirs, a huge poster of the bay with the tower of the church in the foreground hanging in my sun room, and most of all all my visits to this bulletin board. Every post brings me back even just for a minute or two. Gracias, Mogens for providing this to us lovers of PV.

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Fri Feb 20, 2004 7:51 pm

Glad you enjoy the site and that it helps you enjoy your memories. One thing I need to clear up, this site in not mine alone :-)! There's a team of about 12 people working on it in one way or another, I'm just the one that is more involved with the interactive options the site has and trying to get the site more and more as you all like it.

Kind regards

Mogens

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Sat Feb 21, 2004 11:49 pm

Gracias to all involved.

gramabronco

Post by gramabronco » Fri Mar 05, 2004 7:37 pm

One of my favorite memories was a few years ago, we were staying at the Holiday Inn and I got up really early, (thinking about 5:30 or 6:00), went down to the beach, there was one man sitting there drinking coffee. The moon was just fading and the sun just starting to come up and as I stood there, all alone of the beach, a school of dolphins swam by, jumping out of the water.
Awesome experience.

Nancy from N Idaho

Post by Nancy from N Idaho » Tue Mar 30, 2004 4:41 am

Gosh the Dolphin thread really got me going---The first time we were in PV that is what I did every morning . We stayed at the Krystal and I being up before light every morning would go down and set ---have coffee---watch the cruise boats come in and wait for breakfast to begin. AND watch the dolphins play in the bay. They really come in close in the morning before all the activity starts. We have made the trip every chance we get every since that fateful day my husband said" Honey, the kids are all raised and gone and we haven't had a real vacation in years---find us someplace to go!!!! Well within a few days I watched a show about PV on the travel channel and called a travel agent----We went for 8 days ----came home and went back after 2 weeks for 2 weeks more. Just spent the month in Janurary and now are buying a condo in El Anclote and I get to go back on the 6th. We Hope to be able to retire there at least 6 months a year in 3 years----Now I just save for plane fare!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks I really enjoyed the read from all of you----have never posted here before but this was just too good
Nancy from N Idaho

connor
PV Master
PV Master

Post by connor » Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:57 am

thanks smitty. this just might be my favorite posting yet. it is hard to believe that we all seem to cherish the same things about our beloved p.v. sometimes i think i am going nuts with the amount of time i seem to spend on this b.b. but i realize that there are so many others doing the same thing, we are either all nuts or we just really love p.v. i think it is the latter.
the pictures that we take every year are what really bring back the memories. we have maybe 200 pics on a wall in the house showing all the different years we have treavlled to mexico. our son connor is now 10 years old and has been coming with us since he was 2. it is incredible to see him growing up in these pictures. it really does bring a tear to the eye, especially the early pics. last year he actually rode a mechanical bull that was at the paradies village. we have not let him go parasailing yet, but i think this nov. we will let him try it with his mom.
when a am having a not so good day, or it is a typical rainy vancouver day, i just get onto this site and have a look at the webcam and then the day is not so bad, because i know that i will be back soon.
Thinking of margaritas at pipi's, shopping in the flea market, getting up early to just sit by the pool with feet dangling in the water reading the paper and enjoying a cup of coffee before the family gets up, these are my special thoughts of p.v. keep them coming in.
thanks to mogens and his staff for all of these great sites. m.m.