kidnapping

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

nynke
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
kidnapping

Post by nynke » Wed Feb 04, 2004 5:46 pm

I heard a gossip about something terrible:
an ex-boyfriend is supposed to be involved into a kidnapping a person from the Anderson Group/Carlos O'Brains. I heard that the kidnappers were also asking randsome.
I could not find anything on the www about it. Can somebody please tell me more about it?
Thank you!

matt
PV Guru
PV Guru

Re:kidnapping

Post by matt » Wed Feb 04, 2004 10:01 pm

Fortunately, the kidnapped manager was rescued at a house in a little town called San José del Valle in Nayarit. The kidnappers are shown here:

http://www.eloccidental.com.mx/eloccide ... _inter.asp

el_camino88
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by el_camino88 » Wed Apr 21, 2004 3:31 am

so, why did they kidnap this guy? was there a reason, and were any other carlos obriens employees hurt or taken or at risk???

matt
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by matt » Thu Apr 22, 2004 3:03 am

Money was the reason. In Mexico, due to the economy, they have had an increase in kidnappings of prominent businessmen, media personalities and other well-known Mexicans who have money. The biggest problem is in Mexico City. The organized kidnappers don't just grab someone off of the street. They carefully select their targets and study his or her habits over a period of time to determine when they are most vulnerable. For this reason, I would think tourists to PV would be at a greatly lower risk for this type of crime. Some of the higher profile kidnappings in Mexico include the sister of the famous Mexican singer Thalia and also Adal Ramones, the host of the popular Spanish language TV program called "Otro Rollo". I think Thalia and her husband, Tommy Mottola, then president of Sony Music, paid a few million US dollars in ransom for the return of the sister.

If I remember correctly, the manager who worked at Carlos O'Briens was driving his car when he was forced off of the road into a parking lot near the Marina area in PV. The kidnappers knew exactly who he was and had planned the whole thing.

matt
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by matt » Thu May 13, 2004 1:28 am

There's a new Denzel Washington action movie out, called "Man on Fire", that is set against a fictional account of a Mexico City kidnapping. I generally liked the movie, but it's fairly violent, so I wouldn't bring the kiddies.

connor
PV Master
PV Master

Post by connor » Thu May 13, 2004 1:35 am

matt (May 12, 2004 09:28 p.m.):
There's a new Denzel Washington action movie out, called "Man on Fire", that is set against a fictional account of a Mexico City kidnapping. I generally liked the movie, but it's fairly violent, so I wouldn't bring the kiddies.
thx for the heads up on the movie. i was going to take my son on friday to see it but i think not . m.m.