Easy to negotiate BB

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God
Easy to negotiate BB

Post by chuck » Sun Apr 18, 2004 2:43 am

Damn, I love this BB. Unfortunately I can not come to PV this summer, Flight time problems from St. Louis so we will be going to the Mayan suncoast. How terrible are the BBs to use for info about resorts ect. I have never seen such a mess in my life, they are nothing like this board. Thanks to Mogens and crew.

connor
PV Master
PV Master

Re:Easy to negotiate BB

Post by connor » Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:12 pm

chuck. how can a buy you a margarita if you are going to be on the other side of the country? m.m.

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Wed Apr 28, 2004 6:18 pm

Yeh, I know that's a problem, but I just couldn't get a charter out of STL that would not waste a full day by leaving late to and from. Anyway going to the east side always makes me appreciate PV much more and will hopefully be there in Dec. I guess I can wait that long.

connor
PV Master
PV Master

Post by connor » Thu Apr 29, 2004 4:24 pm

we might be going in dec instead of nov. depending on jen's holidays. it would be great to meet up with you then. it would be cool if some other b.b. members could set it up and all get together. m.m.

whitey
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by whitey » Fri Apr 30, 2004 12:05 am

Chuck, I second your praise of this board's easy access to info. On another PV board (Mogens lists in his links) some poor bastard recently dared to suggest they organize the subjects better and got the crap kicked out of him - for a good idea. Mogens has done a fine job and the subject forums stay current and saves time wandering around.

howard_jax
PV Master
PV Master

Post by howard_jax » Fri Apr 30, 2004 12:11 am

Not exactly the way it happened Whitey. That same guy would have been off here in a heartbeat. Can you spell Flamer.

whitey
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by whitey » Fri Apr 30, 2004 1:24 am

Didn't read the entire long string, but did see some harsh words to the guy. But think this board is easy to get around for sure. :)

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Fri Apr 30, 2004 7:35 pm

I am open for requests and ideas actually I'd like to hear from you regarding any ideas, new subsections, mistakes I've made, etc. Actually PuertoVallarta.net's new website incorporated quite a few of the requests and ideas we received on the mailing list and on the Bulletin Board: the better map, videos.

One thing we will be doing soon (once we migrate to a newer spiffier server) is to migrate to a new Bulletin Board, this one we are using is a bit old-fashion and no longer has support or upgrades (the company that built it went belly-up... It'll be a bit painful, but we'll obviously keep it running as a reference for as long as it's deemed necessary.

Kind regards

Mogens

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Fri Apr 30, 2004 7:40 pm

Regarding getting together with other BB members I think that is a cool idea. One thing that is an impediment for me though is that I live in Guadalajara, not that serious though, it's only a 4 hour drive, but I'd need to go on a weekend and have the money too :-)

Kind regards

Mogens

connor
PV Master
PV Master

Post by connor » Fri Apr 30, 2004 8:11 pm

hey mogens this is a great site. so please don't change to much. i'm not the most computer aware guy around. so please don't make it to complicated for a simple guy like me. lol m.m.

Jennybean

Post by Jennybean » Mon May 03, 2004 2:38 am

Whitey said:

"Didn't read the entire long string, but did see some harsh words to the guy."

Maybe the whole thing would have been a worthy read then...The harsh words were actually started by him, including more than one personal swipe on his part. His participation on that board thus far has been pretty much limited to drive-by flamings and criticism of posters and the forums, so take what you will from it...

connor
PV Master
PV Master

Post by connor » Mon May 17, 2004 4:12 pm

Mogens (Apr 30, 2004 03:40 p.m.):
Regarding getting together with other BB members I think that is a cool idea. One thing that is an impediment for me though is that I live in Guadalajara, not that serious though, it's only a 4 hour drive, but I'd need to go on a weekend and have the money too :-)

Kind regards

Mogens
ALRIGHT.. we're all going to mogens place in guadalajara to get together. thank you mogens. you are truly a great guy. lol m.m.

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Thu May 27, 2004 7:42 pm

Any time, you're all welcome in Guadalajara, tell me you're coming and I'll see what we can figure out, at least a trip to some bar or restaurant! And I'm serious!

Greetings

Mogens

connor
PV Master
PV Master

Post by connor » Thu May 27, 2004 8:33 pm

2 wks in p.v. i definatley think we can spare some time to come and visit.. it would be alot of fun, for sure. we will talk more about this. m.m.

canadianchiquita
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by canadianchiquita » Thu May 27, 2004 10:46 pm

Even me Mogens? With all the trouble I've cause you with some of my past posts???? LMAO

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Thu May 27, 2004 11:11 pm

Yep, even you, actually all the trouble you create makes you more rememberable ;-) . Actually let's update the invitation, only people with 50 or more posts :-) Hahaha.

Mogens