whats going on

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

el_camino88
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
whats going on

Post by el_camino88 » Wed Apr 21, 2004 3:27 am

so whats going on down in pv, how do u get a job and live there? if anyone is either canadian/american and is living down there or will be or know someone who has or is, can u let me know what its like...getting a job, taking the bus around town, visa info etc? that'd be great anything u can tell me would help

MissingPV

Re:whats going on

Post by MissingPV » Tue Apr 27, 2004 2:12 am

My friend and I were in PV last October for a week (My 6th time, her 3rd) and decided to come home to Ontario, save all of our money and go back in January to look for jobs. Coincidentally my mom was going down early Jan, so we had a place to stay for free while we looked around. Well, turns out that we had too much fun and didn't watch our money and for some reason she got home sick and couldn't decide what to do. So on our last day at the airport, being next in line to check in I decided to stayso my friend got on the plane alone. I had met another girl and guy from Ontario the night before who were looking for a roommate and it was perfect! I had a job offer for the Mayan Palace (who would've paid for my FM3 and would've found me a place to live) and I a few friends of mine from O'Brians told me that they could get me jobs there.... but then the guilt (from my mom who I was staying with for her last few days, and my boyfriend at home in Canada) kicked in and I decided to come home. It was probably the stupidest decision to come home and every day I wonder what I would be doing if I had stayed...... *sigh*

BUT my friend (yes, still the homesick one) and I are planning on going back in October to start all over again! Brody and Holly (the other 2 from Ontario) had been renting a 2 bedroom apartment in the middle of the hotel zone (right near Canto del Sol) and were moving to a 3 bedroom pent house with a pool and security across the street. (which was $600 Cdn a month) So it is possible to find jobs and a place to live.... you just have to be serious about it

MissingPV

Post by MissingPV » Tue Apr 27, 2004 2:13 am

PS Did I mention that I miss PV??

el_camino88
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by el_camino88 » Sat May 01, 2004 9:03 pm

lol, i miss it too, well thanks at least i have a little hope. and im definately serious about it 100% i just wanted to see how others did it!