Pharmacies

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

need_a_vacation
Pharmacies

Post by need_a_vacation » Thu May 06, 2004 9:08 pm

Do you need a prescription from a Dr when going into a pharmacy in PV and getting a medication, or can you just tell them what
you want. (I'm talking non-narcotics, of course!) Prices for meds in the US are so expensive, thought I might get it cheaper in PV.

Thanks for your help!!

katnsocal

Re:Pharmacies

Post by katnsocal » Fri May 07, 2004 1:56 am

Look under the General Travel Tips on the Bulletin Board and you will find a thread that was started a few days ago about the pharmacies in PV. I am sure it will answer your questions.

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Fri May 07, 2004 1:58 pm

The pharmacys are great, even the little one next to the marina where the cruise ships pull in. In Jan my wife had a really bad tooth ache and head ache and I went the the store and asked in what spanish I know and was fixed up right away. No narcs, but what I got really took care of her pain and she was back at the pool in about 24 hours.

Queen of Vallarta

Post by Queen of Vallarta » Fri May 07, 2004 6:26 pm

No Rx needed, however depending on the medication, please be careful. Drugs in Mexico have no regulating authority (i.e. FDA) therefore you cannot guarantee the quality. If this is a life dependant medication you need, I wouldn't risk the quality. Don't get me wrong...I have gotten many meds in PV....you have no choice when you live there. When I moved back home, alot of my blood tests were way out of whack! I know it's very attractive to get the cheap meds, but I work for a major pharmaceutical company and I know just how many things that can go wrong with manufacturing a drug. (Please...no posts saying I'm sticking up for my employer to make money) Please just use common sense. Enjoy your trip!