Last few days weather

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

gegluck
PV Fan
PV Fan
Last few days weather

Post by gegluck » Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:59 pm

What is up with the cloudy weather the last couple of days. Checking out the webcam and it hasn't looked so good. We will be there is 3 days and hope it clears up!!

gegluck
PV Fan
PV Fan

Re:Last few days weather

Post by gegluck » Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:58 pm

Now it looks better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bzy1inpv
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by bzy1inpv » Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:26 am

Today was beautiful! Sometimes you are thankful for some cloud cover here. Keeps it a bit cooler and perfect for a shopping day, or tour, or whatever...keep in mind, you can still get sunburnt, so wear that SPF!

gegluck
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by gegluck » Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:25 pm

bzy1inpv (Dec 09, 2004 12:26 a.m.):
Today was beautiful! Sometimes you are thankful for some cloud cover here. Keeps it a bit cooler and perfect for a shopping day, or tour, or whatever...keep in mind, you can still get sunburnt, so wear that SPF!
Thanks Busy One in PV! This is my fourth trip to paradise and the first time in three years. It has only rained once during those three visits and I am spoiled. Of course, I didn't visit during the rainy season! I checked out the webcam in the morning and saw nothing but clouds and got paranoid. I can't wait to be there!!!

bzy1inpv
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by bzy1inpv » Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:26 pm

Unfortunately, for people visiting last January, we had a really odd week where it was chilly, rainy and windy everyday... people who lived here 40 years said they never saw weather in January like it, so hopefully it won't happen again for 40 more years. Usually we get one night right around Christmas where it sprinkles a little (maybe trying to make a white Christmas, even in Vallarta?) and that is it.
I have been thrilled for the last month as the nights have gotten cooler and the humidity is half of what it was in September.
I am pretty sure once again you will be spoiled, so enjoy and have a great vacation!

marcos
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by marcos » Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:05 pm

I'll second the "past January" comment. Our first week (the 2nd thru the 9th) was fine but from then on it was really UGLY! I've been coming to PV for almost 20 years (uaually in January) and in all that time it rained one day. One year we did have a cold snap in the evenings for a few days but that was it.

gegluck
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by gegluck » Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:01 pm

One thing that we love is how predictible PV weather is for the most part. We visited in the middle of October once and the clouds got dark over the mountains. We asked the staff at our hotel if was going to rain. They always respond, "No rain until June". Sure enough, it didn't rain! Gotta love it!

stew

Post by stew » Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:15 pm

I have been in PV several times in Enero & it is often colder than advertised. In 1988 it was so cold that the peddlers cleaned up selling ponchos to those "trying" to keep warm on the beach. Last year like a complete tonto when my wife dropped me off at the Oakland airport I refused her suggestion to take my jacket as I was going to travel the coast by bus. Big mistake! Rain, cold & wind in PV & south until Manzanillo. I left Melaque a day early due to the rain. So take a jacket & a umbrella!

svedish
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by svedish » Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:32 pm

I just came back on Tuesday night after spending 2 weeks. Mornings and most evenings had light to heavy clouds in the mountains. Only one day was it cloudy near the ocean. (But NO RAIN!) It was still quite nice. Still spent day at pool and got plenty of suntan that day. The one cloudy day was a relief as it was very hot in the sun Nov 24 - Dec 7.

It's hard to see how really sunny it is with the webcam due to the fact it is facing the sun. If you see shadows - it's sunny !! Don't fret - even a rainy day in Puerto Vallarta is better than the best that home / work has to offer :)