Where to buy art work

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

derek
Where to buy art work

Post by derek » Sat Dec 18, 2004 6:58 pm

I am looking to buy original art work (paintings) while in Puerto vallarat. I don't want the cheap little sketches you find along the street. Any suggestions of galleries that have high quality art work and are able to ship to canada.

Many thanks,

derek

stew

Re:Where to buy art work

Post by stew » Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:42 pm

I am a bit out of date but there are several high end places to purchase good art including native. I bought a original E. Boren painting just before she got so popular. Not sure if she is still around & healthy but I would hope so. It hangs above my desk as I type this. Just look around you will see lots of places

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by smitty » Sat Dec 18, 2004 10:49 pm

Stew is correct -there are many galleries in PV. Once you get to PV your eyes are in for a treat. I am sure you will have plenty of choices in artwork. When we were in PV in Oct/Nov a gallery tour/promo was under way. I remember reading about it in one of the local papers but never attended.

bzy1inpv

Post by bzy1inpv » Sun Dec 19, 2004 5:03 am

Tons of art walks and galleries all over Vallarta. Check out any of the local English newspapers for a schedule or stop in a gallery, as they usually have art walk schedules of events. I really like Galeria Pacifico, Galeria Uno, and Galleria Dante.
There are also tons of opening nights throughout the high season. Have fun, you may have a hard time chosing just one!