rain and clouds

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

ndnqueen
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
rain and clouds

Post by ndnqueen » Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:09 am

ok my one complaint is the weather. it sucked. big time. we made the best of it because we are used to clouds and rain. but we did find it disapointing. when you pay more money than you can afford to go somewhere hot an dtropical well its kind sucky. other wise everything was a ok. and while i do know you cannot gaurantee the wether it would have been nice to get 2 full days of sun.

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re:rain and clouds

Post by webmaster » Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:03 pm

Yeah, let's gang up and sue the Sun God for being such a bastard!! ;-)

Greetings

Mogens

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:06 pm

No, even better let's sue the good ol' US of A for destroying the atmosphere worldwide and changing the climate (remember 25% of all pollution comes from USA and they won't even abide by Kyoto!)! That may be easier than sueing the Sun God...

ndnqueen
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by ndnqueen » Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:58 pm

mogens you are right it is very awful about the kyoto. if the other countries in the world can see the sense in limiting thier emissions and reducing them than why cant UAS see that also? i blame it on greed and what is called progression....

cdncarolina
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by cdncarolina » Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:45 pm

I'd call it "regression" not progression.

Would doing a "sun dance" on the beach help ?
the opposite of a rain dance.
That could be the start of a great party.

Jennybean

Post by Jennybean » Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:44 am

Travel companies don't give refunds for cloudy days. They're considered an act of God, that's their "out".

Honestly though, I would take the clouds with the 30C weather over snow any day of the week, so you had most of us stuck here in Canada beat by a longshot. I'm trying to feel sorry for ya, but can't do it. LOL

randyintucson
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by randyintucson » Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:57 am

When did this become a site for bashing other people's countries?

ndnqueen
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by ndnqueen » Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:00 am

i don think anyone was bashing randy..... we were just commenting on the politics of the usa... btw cdncarlina a sun dance sounds good! lol we should break out the tom toms too lol

katnsocal

Post by katnsocal » Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:16 am

[When did this become a site for bashing other people's countries?
Have to agree with you Randy.

ndnqueen
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by ndnqueen » Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:57 pm

katnsocal and randy i do not wna to tget into a political debate here with anybody. irregardless of mogens being the web guy for this place he is allowed to have an opinion about the usa and to express it as am i and so are you. it is freedom of speech. i wasnt bashing the usa nor do i feel mogens was we were commenting on the politics of the usa and how they do refuse to sign the kyoto accord. this is a quote taken from cbc news web site i will follow with the link:

~~~~~ For the record, the Kyoto Protocol went into effect Feb. 16, 2005, with 141 countries signing on, including every major industrialized country – except the United States, Australia and Monaco. ~~~~~ in 2001, one of the first acts of newly elected President George W. Bush was to formally withdraw the U.S. from Kyoto. Bush said the U.S. would not ratify the treaty because it would damage the U.S. economy ~~~~~~
http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/kyoto/

the state of the world and the greenhouse gases warming effects are very serious and dire. i do feel it is greedy of bush/usa to publically state that they dont want to participate because of financial gain. i know not every american feels this way but i do know the head of the country feels this way and it doesnt bode well for how i feel about the states as a whole. see but thats my opinion and not everyone elses i am allowed to have this opinion and it doesnt mean i am "bashing" the states. i am not a patriotic freak for canada either, as i am not canadian but First Nations or more propery Nuu Chah Nulth, canadian is a label i abhore. Canada is what came after the attemted genocide of my people. that being said we could all argue until we are blue in the face about these matters and i have in fact done so but just because mogens has an opinion different than the 'america is so great' party line doesnt mean he is a bad person. or should feel like he shouldnt voice his opinion because he might not get a commision.

Jennybean

Post by Jennybean » Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:17 pm

See, my sainted mother taught me that two things you never discuss unless you are face to face are religion, and politics. Because A) Everyone will have a different opinion, and B) Not everyone on a written message board will get your delivery or intent of said opinion if it's only in writing.

Besides, this is, as Kat said, a board about Puerto Vallarta, not about the Kyoto Accord, dislike of President Bush's political agenda, my tax dollars, or mistreatment of First Nations people.

Quote: "just because mogens has an opinion different than the 'america is so great' party line doesnt mean he is a bad person. or should feel like he shouldnt voice his opinion because he might not get a commision."

Ah, but then, your livelihood doesn't hinge on those folks spending their US dollars on your website though, does it queen? Having the opinion is much different than voicing it. You can have it, but if you're running a business that depends on US tourists, is it wise to voice it? Just something to think about.

And before you jump down my throat, no - I am not a US citizen. I just firmly believe politics have absolutely no place on a vacation destination message board, unless said politics involve that destination directly - and even then, it's none of my business.

winterpegman

Post by winterpegman » Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:20 pm

While I share your sentiment that everyone is entitled and allowed to voice his/her opinon...the bottom line here is business. Specifically the business of this board. The board is "protected" from posts that may swing business to other sites, that have no affiliation to this one. (read - commissions payable)

In essence, it is a censored board, where the board administrator has absolute power over ALL posts on it.

Having said that then, no we are not ALL allowed to exercise freedom of speech (or posts) and opinions.

What does this mean then in "real life"? When the board administrator makes a post that alienates potential consumers (and advertisers) of the products and services listed, it becomes a business decision. It is certainly within his right to do so. It is also within the "right" (and I use the term very loosely) for someone to point out that by him (Mogens) doing so, it is not a wise BUSINESS decision.

ndnqueen
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by ndnqueen » Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:27 pm

nope jenny bean not gonna jump down your throat lol nor was i jumping down thier throats i do stick by my opinion however but will apologise though for derailing the thread on a board meant for puerto vallarta. that being sed sometimes this board does stray from all that is pv and that is ok to me. i will refrain form commenting on this matter any more.

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:15 pm

Yep, you are all entitled to an opinion, specially those that contribute something to this board and those receive my respect. Those that only bring negativity, useless comments or have a hidden agenda are kindly booted off the board :-) As they say in Chile, si te queda el sombrero, póntelo, that is: If the hat fits you, put it on.

In any case, I feel you're all so sensitive on the subject, US is a country like all others, maybe with more flaws than other First World countries, more poverty, more corruption, more hype, short-sighted leaders, etc. But that's just a reality some insiders and everyone else outside the country detects, if you can't stand anyone mentioning it, that's your problem, not mine.

Jenny, talking about the Kyoto Protocol is not politics, it's environmentalism, it's survival... don't you think? As a biologist I can surely tell you it's not politics, I actually have a website on the subject since 1997... http://www.cambioclimaticoglobal.com So no, the subject is Biology, Environmental Science, etc. and tangently includes politics, but the origins are in science not politics. The truth is I AM pissed off that the main polluters on the face of the world are hiding under their mother's skirts and do nothing about a serious matter as Global Climate change. I believe the world should be able to sue the US government for all the externalized costs in recovering the atmosphere's health

This post was included under complaints, but it has derived into a General Ramblings topic I moved it here. In this section anything goes, so feel free :-)

Queen, do not feel intimidated by anyone, you've done nothing wrong.

Greetings

Mogens

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:33 am

We do the "Foller the Leader" Dance each and every day at the GCP, and man it sucked this year... But did that stop us from having some fun now... we just went up to the suite jumped in the jacquzzi and road it out... or we went down to Andele's for cocktails and party time... It was nice to meet you and the Crow ndnqueen... sorry we missed the party at Burrows... but we got tied up with staff and management at dinner... and when we are treated as well as we are at the GCP we can't just run off from them... they want our inputs as well as comments, and not to meeting up with Senor Salvador Onelles (?) the CEO of the resorts... who as a matter of fact is building a new GCP at Cancun this year and one next year in Nuevo Vallarta.. it was exciting to here him talk about the projects...

and we couldn't find any true virgins to sacrifice either.... oh well.... now it is cold and crappy in iowa too...

ndnqueen
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by ndnqueen » Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:17 am

tom and lorrie sorry to hear that lol i am sure catering to the top brass at your resort was not much of a way to spend your time there! oh well lol! we walked up the beach looking for you guys on one of our days couldnt find you!!! i am glad you made the best of your vacation!!!!

ndnqueen
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by ndnqueen » Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:43 am

thanks mogens. i wasnt intimidated. i was just worried about derailing the thread and since it is moved here to a place i can feel free to debate my politics oops i mean my environmentalics.

randyintucson
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by randyintucson » Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:51 am

Hola Mogens,

This is where this discussion belongs.
Thank you.

randyintucson
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by randyintucson » Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:51 am

Hola Mogens,

This is where this discussion belongs.
Thank you.

Jennybean

Post by Jennybean » Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:57 am

Well, if you want to bite the hand that feeds you Mogens, who am I to argue?...go for it, have at it.

WinterPegMan - you're my dude!!