Wonderful vacation

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

travelbug_jp
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God
Wonderful vacation

Post by travelbug_jp » Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:24 pm

Ok everyone, we are back home after 2 superb weeks in Puerto Vallarta. Our hotel was great, the service, food and friendliest staff made our holiday so enjoyable. We were all inclusive but we still went downtown to eat several times. Great shrimp on the beach, ooh la la I can still taste it! PiPi's was as terrific as I remembered from last time. And we fell in love with the atmosphere at Andale's. Yes, I rode the donkey and enjoyed every second! The skies were not blue the entire time but it was still really warm, warmer than -8C back home! Absolutely no complaints. Our photos are so amazing and would love to share them with you but don't know how to set up a site. If you can help I'd appreciate it. Thank you. We did a few excursions and loved them. We also made some wonderful new friends and they are only 45 minutes from where we live so we are planning to continue with our new found friendship. I tried really hard to learn some spanish and found that the locals really appreciated that. I don't know a lot, just a few basics words including the phrase "just a few words"! I've decided that next time we go (hopefully next year) I want to be able to conduct a simple conversation so I am going to teach myself the language. Books, tapes etc. Also one of the front desk personnel and I exchanged email adresses and are going to keep in touch. I will type in Spanish and he will type in English, so we are both going to learn from each other. I love the people of Puerto Vallarta and the surrounding area. Treat everyone with the same respect you want for yourself. Simple as that. Make eye contact and smile. Say Gracias and mean it. Make every minute count.

tracy

Re:Wonderful vacation

Post by tracy » Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:17 am

Travelbug - it would be awesome to get a trip report. Please write one soon. Also, any pics you can email me would be awesome.

20 sleeps!!!!!

leighg
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by leighg » Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:11 pm

So glad you had a wonderful trip. I am sorely in need of another vacation, but don't really see one in site anytime soon! :( (poor me!) If your pictures are digital there's a great site called clubphoto.com, you can upload all your pictures there, organize them, put captions on them and then you can even order prints at a pretty good price (and excellent quality!) and share the site with all your friends.....US!! LOL :) If they're not digital, well, you need a scanner then I guess.

Leigh

ndnqueen
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by ndnqueen » Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:53 pm

im glad you had so much fun! it was sad when we had to leave after just a week so you guys are lucky! next time we are gonna do 2 weeks we decided. you can share photos at a picture site like http://www.piczo.com or http://www.photosite.com !!!

travelbug_jp

Post by travelbug_jp » Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:23 pm

Hi. Okay I'm uploading some photos as I type this but it seems to be taking forever. I wonder if I should have downsized them first. Oh well I'll be patient and see. And the trip report is coming just not right now. Would you believe I have to go to the dentist today, I have an emergency with crown bonding or something like that. Thank goodness it didn't happen while on vacation. That would have sucked big time. The trip report will come tonight, depending on what the dentist is going to do to me this afternoon. I may just want to go to sleep, I have so much good stuff to tell you... it will be a lengthy one. Ndnqueen, did you notice that I added a few group photos of our meetup at Burros Bar? It's on the events page, somehow it got added to the one you sent. I don't know how that happened, I just amazed myself that I could even do it !!! Okay, deep breath now. Mr. Dentist here I come. Talk later.

rossk
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by rossk » Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:31 pm

I used www.webshots.com for our PV pics, and found it easy to use. Not sure if there's any clear cut advantages to one site or another for albums, but this one worked for me.

KMateri

Post by KMateri » Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:41 pm

Sounds like you had a great time. We have travelled a few times to different destinations in Mexico, and like you I wanted to learn the languge. I found an 8-disk CD set which I listen to when working (my pick-up is my office). I supplemented that with a 5 disc CD-ROM course for the computer. Both sets are from Topics Entertainment and are the Euro-Method. I think they are pretty good. My daughter is a sophomore in high school and is in Spanish II, and her teacher says I speak it quite well for not having been trained formally. I try to speak it everytime we eat at a Mexican restaraunt, and of course I speak it with my daughter and her spanish teacher when I run into her. It is a quite satisfying experience, and I am constantly trying to learn more, and practice every day, and can even catch about 1/3 of the dialogue on the Spanish TV channels. Oh...I bought the CD's at Wal-Mart and the CD ROM's at Borders Bookstore.

Have fun with that,

Keith

travelbug_jp
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by travelbug_jp » Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:43 pm

Hello. Thanks for the spanish info. I challenge myself everyday to learn a new phrase or a few words and I'm doing okay, but I need someone to have a conversation with. I'm looking around to see if I can get into a spanish language class locally, it's the second part but she will test me to see if she can bump me up. I hope so cuz I want it so much! If not, then I will definitely go and get those CD's you told me about. Thanks a lot. Joyce

P.S. I just checked with the class instructor and I start on April 7. Oooh now I'm all excited again!!! Mas cervasa's por favor!

KMateri

Post by KMateri » Sun Mar 27, 2005 7:39 pm

Hey....

Good for you! You'll probably be speaking like a pro soon..