Brenda's site

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

randyintucson
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
Brenda's site

Post by randyintucson » Sat Apr 23, 2005 1:45 am

Cannot access Brenda's site. Has it been hacked also, like JR's was just recently. Mogens, what do you know and how vulnerable are you? Something strange is going on.

corolla03
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Re:Brenda's site

Post by corolla03 » Sat Apr 23, 2005 2:22 am

After I read your post and before entering this message, I was able to see Brenda's All Vallarta Message Board. Just went there again before hitting the "Post" button.

Katnsocal

Post by Katnsocal » Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:56 am

No problems have been reported on Brenda's board. Seems like it was only JR's board that got hacked.

randyintucson
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by randyintucson » Sat Apr 23, 2005 2:58 pm

I think the problem is with my own computer. I figured out how to access Brenda's board; I just can't do it the way I normally do. Glad there isn't a problem there.

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:28 pm

I guess we are sitting ducks, considering this BB software is non-supported... but we are working on getting an up-to-date BB soon.

Good to hear everything's fine on the other boards.

Greetings

Mogens

randyintucson
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by randyintucson » Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:31 am

Actually, Brenda did have a minor problem as seveal other on her board reported problems similar to mine. So good luck, Mogens. Hope you are able to avoid any trouble.

bounce530
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by bounce530 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:50 pm

Would somebody post a link to this site? I would like to check that one out. Thank you

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:56 pm

You can find the link here: http://www.puertovallarta.net/links/info_sources.php
You won't find a link back from her site to this one... who knows why?

Greetings

Mogens

teduardo
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by teduardo » Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:19 am

Hmmm...that sure looks like a PuertoVallarta.net logo and link to me, look in Brenda's link section under "News and Information Sites" .

todopuertovallarta.homestead.com/links.html

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:05 pm

How do you get to that section from the homepage? I've surfed around the site and can't find a link to it... what is the use of a links section if nobody can access it? Maybe the link to it is hidden somewhere or was it lost in the last update? If you look the site design is the old version and I remember making a link exchange agreement with her, even sent her the logo, but it is not to be linked from the current site (went through it once again, just in case I missed it).

Thanks anyway

Mogens

gar the star

Post by gar the star » Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:33 pm

Mogens (Apr 29, 2005 12:05 p.m.):
How do you get to that section from the homepage? I've surfed around the site and can't find a link to it... what is the use of a links section if nobody can access it? Maybe the link to it is hidden somewhere or was it lost in the last update? If you look the site design is the old version and I remember making a link exchange agreement with her, even sent her the logo, but it is not to be linked from the current site (went through it once again, just in case I missed it).

Thanks anyway

Mogens
Home page
Click message board
Scroll down to Other Stuff and click Links
Scroll down and click Links Page
In the first comment by Brenda click on Links Page at the bottom of her message
Scroll down to News and Information and you will find the link to this board

Gary

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:41 pm

Easy as ABC hahahaha. Couldn't be more hidden away!

Whatever

Thanks anyway,

Mogens

Jennybean

Post by Jennybean » Sat Apr 30, 2005 2:42 am

Mogens (Apr 29, 2005 03:41 p.m.):
Easy as ABC hahahaha. Couldn't be more hidden away!

Whatever

Thanks anyway,

Mogens
Oh good grief...it's not buried any deeper than the link you offer to hers.

Not that I think an explanation is required, but...The links page WAS on the main webpage up until about 3 months ago if you'd bothered to look. Brenda has been updating and upgrading her site when she has time (when she's able to get away from her full time job and all!), so she put that particular page in the message board links drawer so a) it doesn't get lost and b) so the links are still accessible, with an explanation of why she put it there. What's the big deal?

Or here's an idea - If you thought there was no link back to her site, why not just ASK her about it? Or is it just more fun to toss a hissy? LOL

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:56 pm

Oh my god, Jennybean again! :-) Relax, It takes two clicks to get to the link on PuertoVallarta.net - If you take the time to read the posts I sent before you can see I mention the possibility you use as an explanation. Anyway, it's not such a big issue, so just calm down, no need to blow things out of proportion, ok?

Mogens