Working on Activities Team at a P.V. resort

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Jill
Working on Activities Team at a P.V. resort

Post by Jill » Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:03 am

Hey everyone! Well, like most of you, I too fell in love with Puerto Vallarta. It's a beautiful city and I absolutely love it. I have seen first hand the job of an activites staff person at several P.V. resorts. Since I am an experienced dancer, who enjoys performing, as well as being a very outgoing and energetic person, I think working on an activities team at a resort in P.V. would be a dream job. I have recently been trying to contact the Golden Crown Paradise Resort, but haven't heard anything lately from them. If anyone knows any resort that is hiring for this job or would simply be a great place to look in to, PLEASE let me know! :) Especially if you know any of the staff at a resort. It's a situation where I would need to know I have the job before I just move there and start looking. Any information and/or help would be so greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

tojol57

Re:Working on Activities Team at a P.V. resort

Post by tojol57 » Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:17 pm

Jill, i don't know what is going on at the GCP... i cut and pasted your message from the bulletin board and sent it down to management at the GCP... i will see if i can get somebody from the resort to call you... you have our private e-mail address... send me your full address and telephone number... and i will send it down to them and see if i can get Benji or Rose Mary to call you...
i am so sorry ... i am trying and rooting for you....

love hugs and kisses from iowa...

Jill

Post by Jill » Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:10 pm

Hey guys, thanks so much. I really appreciate how much you've been helping. I hope I can hear from them soon! :). Well, my home phone and e-mail address, as well as my home address are on my resume that I sent them so I would think they would've called or gotten in touch with me already...?? It's so weird that they haven't said anything .. I mean even if I didn't get the job I would think they would at least notify me or something..

randyintucson
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by randyintucson » Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:34 am

Hi Jill,
I also was looking for an opportunity to work in PV. I have sold new homes in Tucson for the past 12 years, and for the past few years when we are down there on vacation and I inquired about job opportunities with different developers I never got any encouraging feedback. Last year, we were down there to close on a condo we bought, and there was an ad about a new condo development opening with an e-mail address to contact for prospective purchasers. I sent an e-mail (in Spanish, I am pretty fluent) and to make a long story short within 24 hours I had a job offer. The key: I was down there in person, had a permanent place to stay, and was ready to start immediately, and of course I spoke Spanish. I don't mean to discourage you, but unless you are willing to go down there without a job and show evidence that you are committed to PV Idon't think your chances are good. BTW, it didn't work out for me, but simply because I was down and my wife was still back home working in Tucson. I was living the life of a bachelor but without the advantages thereof, and I got lonely.

bonita
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by bonita » Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:58 pm

I know they are looking for people for there animation team at Pueblo Bonito in Nuevo Vallarta. They are looking for people urgent so I don't know how soon you are available? But most of the time they hire people everywhere inmediatly. I will find out the email adress for you.

But I think the best way to find a Job in PV is to go there yourself!

Good luck,

Greet Val