Is this a good deal?

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

alexander
PV Fan
PV Fan
Is this a good deal?

Post by alexander » Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:00 pm

There seem to be many PV veterans on this message board. So, I would like to get your opinion on the package to PV that I purchased. This is only my second time to PV, my wife's first. Last time for me was back in 1987. I was only 11 then.

Anyway my wife and I are coming for 7 nights stay at the Villa Del Palmar. We are staying in a one-bedroom, king bed, with kitchen. We paid 1400. That includes roundtrip airfare from Seattle, hotel accomodations, massage, and other small stuff. Can you honestly tell me if we got a good deal or not?

Thanks.

palapa_gal
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Re:Is this a good deal?

Post by palapa_gal » Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:24 pm

I believe airfare is about $450 per person and I think the hotel is about $70-80 a night per room so your price seems to be right in line.

randyintucson
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by randyintucson » Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:26 pm

I would say that depends on when you are visiting. If you are coming between now and November, I wouldn't say you got screwed but I wouldn't say you got a great deal. If you are coming down during the busy season, then you probably did pretty well. And I say all this without knowing what typical airfares would be from your point of departure. But know matter what, you will have a great time. My wife and I have stayed at Villa del Palmer several times and really like the location and the resort.

katnsocal

Post by katnsocal » Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:18 am

$70-$80 a night for a one bedroom at Villa Del Palmar is not the going rate unless you are an owner at it is off season. Package deals always lower the room price but if you priced it out separately you would probably find out it worked out a couple of hundered dollars cheaper.

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:23 am

Alexander: Don't worry about any "deal" you got or didn't get. You got what you got. The point now is to go to PV; have the best time of your life!!! You will, too, unless you frett over lost deals. Alexander, have fun. Just my opinion. Chuck

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:23 pm

I would have to agree with CharlieB... if it fit your time frame, your pocket book, and you are looking forward to coming down to PV then you are fine... but if you are looking to nickle and dime things todeath, then you will not enjoy the time you have in Puerto Vallarta.... so come back home, bring your lady down for her first time, and build some great memories.... if you really want to check to see if you got a good deal or not, try pricing every thing ala carte... go out and price your airfare... then see what you can get for a rate online or directly with the hotel... now if you got some little perks in your "package" you have to take those into consideration if you have to buy them now on your own... but if i was you... come on down relax and have a great time... enjoy...

JMO

stew

Post by stew » Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:57 pm

If it's what you want then it's a great deal;. I mean you can get a room over on Madero for 15 USD or less if you are on a severe budget or you can pay 500 USD a day for luxury or almost any price in between. I am on a pension & spend 2 to 3 months in Mexico each winter. I find that I can budget at times but need to "Do it up" at time. A good example is in Patzcauro I stay at a nice little in for 300 pesos a night, where as in Ururapan I stay at a high end business hotel for 800 pesos a night. In Pv I normally stay in a moderate priced accommodations in old town caused that's where I want to be. Relax & enjoy your trip not worrying about your "deal".
PS United's "Ted" budget airline has a special, Oakland to PV right now for 112 USD one way with a round trip purchase.