DELETED

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

DELETED
For the regular posters here...

Post by DELETED » Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:16 pm

DELETED

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:33 pm

Many of us have met thru the meetups.com that Mogens has set up, some of us only know each other from this website and our love for Vallarta or from our special resorts we like to stay at, e.g. Golden Crown Paradise. My wife and i have met JJ and JC from Dubuque Iowa at the GCP and have become great friends as well and travelling partners in crime. Last year we met up with the ndnqueen and the crow that had a meet up at Burros, we found them up at Andale's later that night.

I think it is our love and romance for Vallarta that has made many of us very close and dear friends. e-mail buddies, that have started to share our lives with each other by vacation pictures, sights and sounds we have all tried or not tried yet, etc. You can really build some great relationships from here... We know we have....

8) Tom aka Mr Crown :D Lorrie aka Mrs Crown

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Meeting in real life

Post by webmaster » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:21 pm

As I live in Guadalajara I've not had the luck of meeting too many of the members, just a few weeks ago I went to PV with my family and stayed a few extra days (bummer ;-)) and participated in the successful Joyce and Fred Meetup, where I met some of the virtual friends for the first time.

Though many have gotten to know each others virtual alter-egos I don't believe it's necessary to actually meet in person to be friendly and know a bit about each other.

On the other hand we don't want to scare people away by having this look like a closed private club, the idea is to be open enough to make everyone feel comfortable. I think the current structure, with many moderators and many recurrent friendly members, is ideal, I hope the newcomers and visitors feel it's that way too.

Kind regards

Mogens

Redd
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Meet Ups

Post by Redd » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:55 pm

tojol57 wrote:Many of us have met thru the meetups.com that Mogens has set up, some of us only know each other from this website and our love for Vallarta or from our special resorts we like to stay at, e.g. Golden Crown Paradise. My wife and i have met JJ and JC from Dubuque Iowa at the GCP and have become great friends as well and travelling partners in crime. Last year we met up with the ndnqueen and the crow that had a meet up at Burros, we found them up at Andale's later that night.

I think it is our love and romance for Vallarta that has made many of us very close and dear friends. e-mail buddies, that have started to share our lives with each other by vacation pictures, sights and sounds we have all tried or not tried yet, etc. You can really build some great relationships from here... We know we have....

Hi Tom! Don't forget Jane and Mom (Pat) that you will meet up with in 30 days...... :lol: We too will make memories that will last a lifetime.
See ya,
Jane

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:18 pm

I must keep my anonymity. Ergo, even thought I have met everybody here, they have not met me. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: . Chuck... 8)

tojol57

Re: Meet Ups

Post by tojol57 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:21 am

Redd wrote:
tojol57 wrote:Many of us have met thru the meetups.com that Mogens has set up, some of us only know each other from this website and our love for Vallarta or from our special resorts we like to stay at, e.g. Golden Crown Paradise. My wife and i have met JJ and JC from Dubuque Iowa at the GCP and have become great friends as well and travelling partners in crime. Last year we met up with the ndnqueen and the crow that had a meet up at Burros, we found them up at Andale's later that night.

Hi Tom! Don't forget Jane and Mom (Pat) that you will meet up with in 30 days...... :lol: We too will make memories that will last a lifetime.
See ya,
Jane

Yes we will Jane. Lojo and I look forward to spending the week with you and your mom at the GCP. We will have a blast, and like you say, make some lasting memories as well as life long friendships.

Love hugs and kisses...

8) Tom and Lojo aka Mr and Mrs Crown

lojol60
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by lojol60 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:23 am

Don't forget plotting our strategy against Charlie B..... Hee...Hee.... :twisted:

winterpegman

Post by winterpegman » Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:23 am

I live here...and have yet to make a meetup! Anyone arriving is welcome to PM me about when they get here, and I'll make a point (if possible) to go for a tea....or maybe a coffee...ok...what the hell...who am I kidding...we'll go for a tequila and beer(s)!

I'm MUCH nicer in person, than in written word..I promise! :twisted: 8)

travelbug_jp
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by travelbug_jp » Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:51 am

charlieb wrote:I must keep my anonymity. Ergo, even thought I have met everybody here, they have not met me. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: . Chuck... 8)
You are scaring me Image
Joyce

BellaLuna
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by BellaLuna » Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:50 am

winterpegman wrote:I live here...and have yet to make a meetup! Anyone arriving is welcome to PM me about when they get here, and I'll make a point (if possible) to go for a tea....or maybe a coffee...ok...what the hell...who am I kidding...we'll go for a tequila and beer(s)!

I'm MUCH nicer in person, than in written word..I promise! :twisted: 8)
Ok, you said it, when I'm coming down I'm getting in touch. Forget the tea, forget the coffee, we're heading straight for Andale's and tequila shooters!!! WWWWwwwwoooooooooo HHHHhhhoooooooooooo!!!
LOOK OUT ALICE!!!!

BellaLuna
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by BellaLuna » Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:54 am

I just know folks here from this forum. When I was just in PV I knew that there had to be folks there that I talk to on here, but never did find out for sure. You will get to know more of us and if we are headed down the same time you are, then you can plan on meeting up with me, anyway.
Just want to say.....Welcome.......you are here and we like you already :D

michelle/tyler
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by michelle/tyler » Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:09 am

me and tyler have not met anyone yet personally. We hope to next year.

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:47 pm

DELETED

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:47 pm

DELETED

Redd
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Take over

Post by Redd » Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:50 pm

lojol60 wrote:Don't forget plotting our strategy against Charlie B..... Hee...Hee.... :twisted:
Absolutely! :x :evil: :twisted:
Have a good one!
Jane

michelle/tyler
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by michelle/tyler » Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:02 pm

mexibeach wrote:
michelle/tyler wrote:me and tyler have not met anyone yet personally. We hope to next year.
How often have you been to PV?

This was second time and tylers first. We went in jan. The first time I went was end of feb.

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:21 pm

DELETED

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:23 pm

charlieb wrote:I must keep my anonymity. Ergo, even thought I have met everybody here, they have not met me. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: . Chuck... 8)
You, sir, are a knucklhead. :lol: :wink:
I only know people by this forum, although I have met people in PV and especially at the GCP who have seen my posts but do not post themselves. Any way, I'm usually pretty full of spirits to remember if I have met someone, mano a mano from this board. :roll: :lol:

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:27 pm

DELETED

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:56 pm

Thanks for being so understanding.