Oldtime places for wornout faces

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

mikey1
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Oldtime places for wornout faces

Post by mikey1 » Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:07 am

Returning to PV for first time in 12 years. Used to visit frequently in the 80's. Would like to know if some of my old haunts and favorites still exist. (Spent the past 12 years hunting and travelling in Africa)

1. The Lobster House(La Casa Langusto?) was located south of the river, had an open central patio and lots of Parrotes and Macaws. Great shrimp!
2. Brass (?) Located up behind the Malacon, warehouse style, served ice cold beer and had live Mariachis playing, ususally packed in the evening.
3. A bar/restaurant on the Malacon with open windows where the shutters folded back and bottled beer was served in an ice filled bucket. Name?
4. South of the river, mauka side of the road, up the hill, a big thatched round restaurant; can't remember the name.
5. North of the Costa Vida, a restaurant famous for viewing the sunsets, whose name escapes me, tiered interior to maximize the views from the overlook.

Any of that sound familiar to "old PV hands"? If not, any suggestions for similars? Arriving Easter and staying at the Villa Premiere Hotel & Spa for the first time. Just a quick 4 nights booked two days ago. Used to stay south of the river.

I know PV has grown incredibly and fear I may not recognize much but looking forward to soaking up some rays after extensive rain in the S.F. Bay Area. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Mikey1 :D

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:24 pm

Joan Rivers...Oh, sorry, I just read the subject and not the body. :oops:

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:17 pm

I don't know the answers to 1 or 2, but for 3, there are several bars that fit that description. And I just have to ask, what's the "mauka" side of the road mean?