just booked PV trip to GCP June 27-July 4

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

ozzy
PV Guru
PV Guru
just booked PV trip to GCP June 27-July 4

Post by ozzy » Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:56 pm

Well, we finally did it, booked our trip back to the GCP. It only took a year to do so but now we have something to look forward too. In the 15 years of travel to PV this will be the first in June/July. Has anyone been there this time of the year? I just spoke to a friend in PV and he said it's not too hot. Yeah, as compared to what. Just wanted to know if anyone else has traveled this time of year.
Ozzy & Susan
Lake Conroe, TX <:-)-

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:20 pm

My husband and I were there once in July and he doesn't care to repeat the experience. I think I'm a bit heartier but he got a little distressed when the water in the pool was as warm as bathwater and he couldn't cool off.

kansas
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by kansas » Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:54 pm

Too bad we werent going a day ealier or you were staying a day longer so we could actually see each other.

It has been 2 yrs since we were at GCP and enjoyed the people we met there.

We made some friends for life, but looks like we will just miss each other!

Maybe next year we can get together?

Tell Susan hi for us.

~Kansas

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:12 pm

OMG, finally someone booked at the same time as us. FYI, we have been at the GCP every last week of June since 99 since my BD is 6-29. We will be there 6/28-7/5.

Yes it is very hot and humid, just like it is in STL, but I still prefer being there and not at home. The pool can be somewhat warm, the sand scorching hot, but there is always a fine breeze comming off the bay and that really helps. Because it is so hot, the prices on vacations at that time are unbelievable. Our 7 night stay this time is only $799pp/usd. For that price, I can put up with it being hot during the day. There are always large groups of people fromour meto area there at that time, and I really haven't heard much complaints about the weather.

Be ready for the occasional shower and at night really cool thunderstorms ImageThe night temps are usually OK to leave your balconey door open to hear the breakers on the beach with just you ceiling fan on.

I can guarantee I will be booking another visit to the GCP for the next June right after the new year.

ozzy
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by ozzy » Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:08 am

They don't call this general ramblings for nothing. Chuck don't think I'm a total nut job but we are now going the 4th through the 11th. Without going into detail that I'm sure no one wants to read I goofed!! But in any event we are there those dates. I would oh so much want to meet a semi-god but alas I can not. The good news is that Kansas is going to be there with some friends from you guessed it, Kansas and I plan to drink to him and his lovely wife! Now that the dates are moved a little bit I'm sure we'll be in for a scorcher so I'll try to numb myself with tequila, purely medicinal of course.

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:29 pm

Es OK. Looks like I'm going to have 2 "dry"days due the Prez elections 7/1-7/2. What ever is my liver going to do?

ozzy
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by ozzy » Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:36 pm

I hope your liver doesn't go into shock. I know mine would. Maybe since people won't be drinking those 2 days there will be more for me? That said I have never seen them run out of Herradura. Aldo and the gang seem to be able to keep my glass full longer than I'm able to drink them! I just spoke to my friend in PV and he said get ready for the heat and rain. Has anyone heard from Tom?

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:29 pm

I'm ready...Just heard that the only dry day at the GCP will be Sun 7/2. I can handle being my own bartender that one day. I'll be ordering lots of half filled glassed of coke and lime to pour my rum into.

ozzy
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by ozzy » Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:48 pm

I just noticed, you will be there the 4th and 5th. We will get there on the 4th at 2 something. It appears I will get to meet the semi-god. Oh great one do you think I might gain an audience with thee?

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:53 pm

Audience granted. I'll buy all your drinks that day. What a benevolent semi-god I am. 8)

kansas
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by kansas » Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:53 pm

Well, I can't wait to have a drink with you. As you know, 1 shot of Heradura is about all this gringo can take and still have somewhat of normalcy left.

It will be our friends 1st time there, so breaking them in when it is scorching hot should be fun.

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:55 pm

The big trick is to drink between 1-1.5 litres of water in the afternoon. I can drink all the booze I can handle but that water will keep me alive for the cooler evening festivities.

ozzy
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by ozzy » Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:57 pm

kansas wrote:Well, I can't wait to have a drink with you. As you know, 1 shot of Heradura is about all this gringo can take and still have somewhat of normalcy left.

It will be our friends 1st time there, so breaking them in when it is scorching hot should be fun.
You will have to remind them that we're not in Kansas anymore. Or you may let me have the honors. About the tequilla, I would go into a very intense training program of Tequilla drinking so as to get your sturation level up!

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:05 pm

I have been in training since the birth of our last child almost 16 years ago. Up till then really didn't drink very much. Now a professional. :oops:

kansas
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by kansas » Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:10 pm

Yeah, I definitely will be drinking plenty of water!

I am not sure if getting my saturation level of tequila up is much of a possiblity. At least with Heradura, anyway. The one shot we(I) had a dinner seemed to about put me under the table. I just remember my ears getting really hot and turning red.

kansas
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by kansas » Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:13 pm

I think the drinking may have contributed to my last child.

It probably can be traced back to that shot that Ozzy ordered me at dinner.

kansas
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by kansas » Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:21 pm

Thanks for the drink Ozzy!
Last edited by kansas on Thu May 04, 2006 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

No Booze

Post by ronald » Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:23 pm

I think I should make you aware of the real reason for the no liquor available when you're there story that has been circulating. I'm sorry to break the news to you but apparently the GCP is going to be issuing a press release stating that they will be closed for restoration and replenishment of supplies for the next two months ending at the beginning of July. Apparently some guy named Tom showed up there and ate and drank them out of house and home, got all of the guests going in the same pattern, which stressed out all the staff and depeted all of their stock and that of their suppliers. Now they have to find new delivery sources to replenish their liquor and food inventory, and the staff are taking a long siesta to recuperate.

ozzy
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by ozzy » Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:23 pm

I know what you mean about a professional after children come into the picture. All the children here have left the building but I keep drinking. My excuse now is I'm celebrating! It is getting a little worn out, they have been gone 6 years. At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it. As for Kansas and his little souvenir, let me state now I know nothing, saw nothing, heard nothing in other words, nothing. Although I do remeber Mrs. Kansas commenting about how cute your red ears were.

ozzy
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by ozzy » Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:36 pm

That's funny! I was going to say something like I tried to look at the web cam but when I pull it up I just get a close up of a yellow thong.