La clase de espanol, finalmente.

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God
La clase de espanol, finalmente.

Post by chuck » Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:57 pm

Finally after about 1 year I am back again teaching (as a sub) high school spanish. I can't tell you how excited this makes me. I am the only sub in the school district that knows any spanish and I'm under used, due to scheduling problems and petty politics, (the kids like me alot better than their regular teachers because I try to do most of the class in spanish and very little english. I love it "cause it gives me the extra practice I like. You should see the looks on the kids faces when they see Sr. Nuernberger is teaching class for the day. they know there won't be any "tiempo libre". And the pays' not bad either. The subbing salary pays for the 2-3 trips to Mexico every year.

Hasta luego.

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Felicitaciones Chuck !

Post by smitty » Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:09 pm

Good for you and good for your Image Chuck . It certainly makes learning easier when the teacher loves what they are teaching . Great news . :)

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:41 pm

Sure wish I had a Spanish teacher like you when I was in HS (some 40 years ago All I had was: "Good morning, class, open your textx to page XX and begin reading.." Needless to say, none of us learned much. Chuck... 8)

travelbug_jp
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by travelbug_jp » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:43 pm

I'm glad for you and happy for the students who get a great teacher. Any extra room for an adult student? :wink:
Joyce

pinklemonade
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by pinklemonade » Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:18 am

¡Muy divertido! Felicitaciones

ReginaAndream
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by ReginaAndream » Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:18 pm

thats cool im a sub too but they haven't used me any at all. so therefore i don't get all the awesome things. well give me some tips before i enter in to a clase.

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Re: La clase de espanol, finalmente.

Post by ellen » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:16 pm

chuck wrote:Finally after about 1 year I am back again teaching (as a sub) high school spanish. I can't tell you how excited this makes me. I am the only sub in the school district that knows any spanish and I'm under used, due to scheduling problems and petty politics, (the kids like me alot better than their regular teachers because I try to do most of the class in spanish and very little english. I love it "cause it gives me the extra practice I like. You should see the looks on the kids faces when they see Sr. Nuernberger is teaching class for the day. they know there won't be any "tiempo libre". And the pays' not bad either. The subbing salary pays for the 2-3 trips to Mexico every year.

Hasta luego.
Felicidades, Carlitos. Ojala que todo anda muy bien!

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:44 pm

Chuck,
I can relate to the 2 to 3 weeks a year trip. I started teaching in 1989 two classes. two nights each. I always said it was my "play money". When I changed my day job and became a traveling consultant it ended my part time teaching but I still sub if I am in town when they need me. I have alot of fun subbing because I get to give the students my twist on the subjects and they seem to enjoy the change once in a while.

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:03 pm

ReginaAndream wrote:thats cool im a sub too but they haven't used me any at all. so therefore i don't get all the awesome things. well give me some tips before i enter in to a clase.
I found that the schools will use you more if you have a professional daily report to leave for the teacher, personal absentee slips and most of all turn in to the various schools you want to teach a one page info sheet that looks like a resume, containing your strenghts, interests and availabilty.
Also, dropping off to the school secretarys a box of doughnuts or other goodies. A little grease on the wheels never hurts.

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:40 pm

Also, how about spelling "class" rather than "clase" and using the upper case "I" instead if the lower case "i"? Point here is will they call a sub teacher back if grammer and spelling are a concern? Chuck... 8)

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

We Be Teaching

Post by smitty » Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:57 pm

I have to believe there is a , " Sub Teaching For Dummies ", sitting on a Ok shelf waiting to be purchased. :)

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:03 pm

charlieb wrote:Also, how about spelling "class" rather than "clase" and using the upper case "I" instead if the lower case "i"? Point here is will they call a sub teacher back if grammer and spelling are a concern? Chuck... 8)
:? :lol: 8) :shock: Had to look back to see if this was directed at me. Good thing it wasn't. Hate to use the powers of a semi-god to end your quest for world domination. :wink: BTW grammar not grammer. OUCH :lol:

kansas
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by kansas » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:47 pm

I believe "clase" would be ok to use in this situation. Clase is spanish for class and with the previous Spanish reference, I would think it would be ok in this situation.

But hey, this is a forum of quick post not any "formal" writtings. There will be mispelled, shortened words, and other techniques used to get the point across. I guess if you can read it and understand it, then it is ok. No need for grammar police in a friendly place like this. Or I will be paying several fines for butchering the English and Spanish languages.

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:07 pm

As usual, looks like I have offended someone. Sooory. However, ReginaAndream asked for tips how to get jobs subbing. I thought she was serious, and I was trying to help. She didn't seem to be offended, so don't take things so seriously. Believe me, grammar police, I ain't!. Chuck... 8)

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:44 pm

Jut yanking your chain, Chuck (the other)