Joseph Graves

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

rossk
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
Joseph Graves

Post by rossk » Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:20 pm

Like many, the conflict in Iraq has never touched me personally, it has always been distant in geographical and familial terms. Tuesday, the soldier killed in a humvee ambush, Joseph Graves of Discovery Bay, CA, was the only grandson of some very old and dear friends of my wife's.

Odd how when these things happen, you gain new perspectives, in a way that the thousands of casualties before never gave. When will this end...

May he rest in peace.

And now we return to our regular programming...

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:36 pm

I am so sorry about your loss.
I am like you rossk in that the war in Irag has
not touched me personally.
Before I go to bed at night I check the news..I wake in
the morning and check the news. We see what is happening in our World
and it is frightening and so very sad .
We see people die and suffer everyday.
I do not look away from it and inside we can feel others pain but we have a life to live the best way we know how so...
we carry on as usual..we work we play we love our family and friends .
We all come to this board for a reason..One main bond..Puerto Vallarta..We talk about our future trips we are planning..we talk about our past trips ..we joke . have a little fun...we share ..we learn about Resorts ..foods..activities in Puerto Vallarta..

We can also share our everyday concerns.
A good thing I think..

Joseph Graves died fighting for a better life for US and our children!
We can Thank him.
Condolences to his family and friends.

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:41 pm

Like they say: "you don't have to like the war, but, please, love the warrior". I am so very sorry for the grandparent's loss. And, actually, all of our loss. Chuck.

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:06 pm

totally agree here. no matter what, a soul was lost to his friends, his family, and to those of us that did not know him. It is like anything in this world, we all know somebody that knows somebody that has lost a loved one whether they were in Iraq, Afganistan, or the Towers of Sept 11th. This world was either brought together for the brutality of the attacks of Sept 11th, or they were seperated by the wars in foreign soils.

May we all take a moment out of our busy schedules, to remember those that have gone before us protecting our freedoms, as well as those that are still out there doing their jobs and their duties for the love of their families, their countries, and their God.

May the Almighty Father have mercy on their souls, and call them home to his side. In a greater Glory. Amen... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Re: Joseph Graves

Post by ellen » Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:47 am

rossk wrote:Like many, the conflict in Iraq has never touched me personally, it has always been distant in geographical and familial terms. Tuesday, the soldier killed in a humvee ambush, Joseph Graves of Discovery Bay, CA, was the only grandson of some very old and dear friends of my wife's.

Odd how when these things happen, you gain new perspectives, in a way that the thousands of casualties before never gave. When will this end...

May he rest in peace.

And now we return to our regular programming...
Words are always inadequate at these times so I will just add my heartfelt condolences to the family and friends of the young man who lost his life.

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Young Man Gone

Post by smitty » Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:15 am

Just so sad , memories are all that counts when evil like this happens. :(

JROJEFF
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by JROJEFF » Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:59 am

Rossk, as a veteren of that war when it started , I was on the DWIGHT D .EISENHOER aircraft carrier. My heart and sole go out to you and your friends family but most to one of my fallen soldiers. I wish for peace and happiness in all of your lives

JROJEFF
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by JROJEFF » Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:26 am

Tom I tried to bring up your words of "take a time out and remember," thank you for such a great thing to say for us all to remember. but I dont need to quote you ,all of us reading this I hope will remember that all of are family and friends who have given there lives to the freedom for us and our grandchildren will always be remembered- I thank you, just wanted to say that was was a very nice thing you wrote about respect-JRO

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:27 pm

JROJEFF wrote:Tom I tried to bring up your words of "take a time out and remember," thank you for such a great thing to say for us all to remember. but I dont need to quote you ,all of us reading this I hope will remember that all of are family and friends who have given there lives to the freedom for us and our grandchildren will always be remembered- I thank you, just wanted to say that was was a very nice thing you wrote about respect-JRO
Not a problem, that is how i feel each and everyday Jeff. Take care and THANK YOU for serving and defending our freedoms as well. Peace..