Parque Lazaro Cardenas

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

palapa_gal
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God
Parque Lazaro Cardenas

Post by palapa_gal » Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:23 pm

Just read on another board that they have started to move all the vendors out of Parque Lazaro Cardenas and will be building another parking garage. :evil: :x :cry: :roll: This is the park that is located on the south side across from the Eloisa hotel. This is very sad day as I believe this was the last park in the area. I am not sure if this parking garage will be above ground or below. Anybody know? I sure hope they are going below ground and hopefully, maybe (not holding my breath though) put some kind of park with grass on top.

rossk
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by rossk » Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:35 pm

I was also reading that there is some activity on the eastern end of the island, something about a relatively secluded, natural area that is being concreted over. Is this just coincidence, or is development accelerating in the area? I can understand in areas like Nuevo, which were completely undeveloped rather recently, but how much space is left in old town? Will they stop before all of the open space is gone?

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:55 pm

I wouldn't call replacing parks with concrete "development"... :cry: I really do hope they do it undergound, but close to the beach's edge I doubt it.

Mogens

delectdee
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by delectdee » Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:55 pm

i sure agree- that is not development...what a shame as the park was a nice place to sit around in. i can only imagine what the increase in traffic is going to be like :( . too bad the overdevelopment can't stop!

rossk
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

*development*

Post by rossk » Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:02 pm

Yes, I neglected to use that term in"quotes". As the only patch of green in the area, it's a sure indicator of what the local government values, and what it doesn't.