You People Just Don't Get It !!!

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Wise Guy
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
You People Just Don't Get It !!!

Post by Wise Guy » Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:16 pm

When I asked what's with this GCP obsession I didn't mean the many happy GCP guests that occasional make comments on this board...
I meant the one or two moderators that dominate every GCP inquiry...Constantly praising and promoting the Golden Crown Paridise..
Don't these people work ??? I wonder if There boss know how much time they spend on this bullitin board. (or maybe there boss is the GCP)..
If not there may be a 12 step program for this kind of obsessive compulsive behavior....
(Ex. tojo had 10 replies to my first topic) Why is he so compelled to respond ???)
It would be nice to have this website a trusted site for PV visitors...
Am I the only one...

delectdee
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by delectdee » Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:23 pm

yes

delectdee
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by delectdee » Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:26 pm

delectdee wrote:yes
note the sarcasm to the 'yes'.....can we not let it go? enuf already :roll:

debsum
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by debsum » Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:43 pm

Thanks delectdee, well said. I for one really appreciate all of the effort Tom (tojo) and the others puts into answering all of our questions, whether it's about GCP or any of the other places he has information about--it's all helpful. It's one of the reasons I keep coming back to this board -- I feel like I'm talking with family. If Wise Guy doesn't like it, well he can just find some other location to be negative! :!: :soapbox: :!:

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:44 pm

You are probably right about how much time some of us spend in the day on our computers and on this website. Just last night my wife wanted to do something on the computer and I was on it for a lilttle while longer than she thought was right. Here she is again....threatening to give this computer flying lessons, gotta g

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:08 pm

:-X(

>:-((

|:-|

:soapbox:

Well since i am my own boss, which could also be my own worst enemy, what is the difference wiseguy. Whether i post once a day, five times a day, or 100 times a day what concern is it to you. Do you own shares in Pronico? Are you Mogens (the Administrator of the site) boss? I guess what concern is it of yours who posts and doesn't post to this website. You do your thing, and I will do my thing. If you want to come out here, and make a comment here or there just to upset the harmony of this bulletin board, i think you have come to the wrong place. For your other snide unfounded innuendo about me working for the GCP, dream again. I just have a fond respect and love for the staff and patrons of this resort. And if somebody wants to ask quetions about the GCP and the all inclusive concepts there, who better to talk to than a person that has been there ten times, and will continue to go there. If you go thru a lot of my posts, yes i do mention the GCP, but i have also promoted resorts in Nuevo Vallarta as well as some down in El Centro and so forth. I have written about different resturants that we have enjoyed as well as those we have not. But i have not gone out of my way to flame, upset, attack peoples lives or character or their intent on this bulletin board as you have. So as far as i am concerned, unless you have something valuable to add to this forum in a constructive manner. i think you should :-X( and move on with your life...

SHERRYPV
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by SHERRYPV » Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:00 pm

All right "NOT" so Wise Guy :evil: what is your problem? If you do not want to read about GCP maybe you should stay away from the headings that start with Golden Crown Paradise or Crown Paradise.

Tom give great advise about the resort when asked. I know he sure helped me before my first visit. Now that I have been to GCP four times and planning my fifth, he still is willing to lend a hand if needed or make a call if requested.

He is a real assest to this board. Give it a rest.

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:14 pm

Com'on guys, obviously "wiseguy" is an insecure, sociopathic little boy who needs attention, both positive and negative. Any attention is what he craves. Probably has "mommie" and "potty training" issues. We should just pat him on his little noggin, and tell him to go home. Chuck... 8)

mshuckleberrys
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by mshuckleberrys » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:20 pm

Come on people. Keep you powder dry. He has a right to his opinion. This is not becoming to this board and it's members. You can disagree without being disagreeable. This is more like what goes on with some other unnamed boards. That is why I don't look at them that often. Now you can blast away at me. Nora from Missouri

welovepv
PV Master
PV Master

Post by welovepv » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:24 pm

I fall somewhere between charlieb and nora from missouri.
This guy is trying to get a rise out of somebody and he managed to get one out of several.

rosie

Post by rosie » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:44 pm

just because a donkey brays doesn't mean it needs to be answered.

ozzy
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by ozzy » Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:07 am

Man am I always the last to know?

travelbug_jp
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by travelbug_jp » Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:25 am

I tend to ignore people who eat a bowl of stupid for breakfast.

Joyce

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:02 am

Quote...
Come on people. Keep you powder dry. He has a right to his opinion. This is not becoming to this board and it's members. You can disagree without being disagreeable. This is more like what goes on with some other unnamed boards. That is why I don't look at them that often. Now you can blast away at me. Nora from Missouri
I agree with your words Nora.
Wiseguy has the right to voice his opinion even if it does differ from others ..BUT.. It can be done though without a personal attack.
and... others have the right to answer wiseguy and this thread if they choose .

This board IS different than the other boards..Better..let us keep it this way!

modified to add the word BUT
Last edited by Plus4 on Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jennybean
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Opinions vs. Slams

Post by Jennybean » Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:53 am

So, Wiseguy is entitled to his opinion...and a free slam on Tom thrown in for good measure? And that's perfectly ok?

Chastising one side without acknowledging what brought about their responses in the first place is disingenuous at best, hypocritical at worst.

If all WiseGuy wants to do is complain about how much time OTHER people spend on their computers, how is that conducive to a more positive environment, not to mention information sharing about Vallarta? What has he shared other than an attitude so far?

Curious minds want to know.

And Nora?
This is more like what goes on with some other unnamed boards.
So just not naming the board somehow assauges the guilt of slamming that board here?? Give me a break. How transparent can you be?

michelle/tyler
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

what the heck

Post by michelle/tyler » Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:16 am

ok wise guy lets see if I can help you out here. First off your title should actually read "I just dont get it" not you ppl.If I were to stay at the gcp and wanted advice I would love to get it from the ppl that have stayed there more then once.There is no stopping you from chiming in if you can answer the questions that are being asked about the gcp if you have the knowledge.As for the 12 step program I could start one for your compulsive obsessive behaviour against two members of this board who are regulars of the gcp and when questions are asked they answer as that is what I thought this board was all about.

I would like you to tell me why it bothers you so much how much time ppl spend on here really is it any of your buisness I dont think so.I have received tons of info from the members of this board as well I use this board to unwind from my hectic days and relax for a bit. But when PPL like you come aboard it just wrecks it. Hope you can learn to relax and go with the flow if you dont want to here about the gcp dont read them plain and simple.Have a great evening.

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:20 am

I am going to try to 'think' before I type on this response. First of all, I think we are all pretty lucky to be allowed to play our little games on this board, while still keeping the central emphasis on the vacationing spirit in Puerto Vallarta. But you know, in my opinion only, this is a board that is somebody's business, as in commercial enterprise. When I open the web site at puertovallarta.net without coming to the forum, I am reminded (by the ads) that it is a commercial website that allows us to have fun on it at the same time.

My parents were in/had business(es) all their lives; my mother had a sign in her office for staff that said 'if you want to keep your job, don't go ruining my business'. I would hate to be the cause of a user of this board being so upset with a response (flame) from me that he/she chose to not use this board again, and perchance the opportunity for Mogens to make his commission on a tour, outing, hotel booking...all that stuff that advertisers are paying them for (Just look up past the index/general ramblings at the blue lettered advertising).

Wise Guy, your opinions are important, and I hope that you continue to read and post to this forum. I think that our responses were the kind of jabs that we give our best friends when we joke with them, because we know they won't be offended by them. That is not always the case here. As far as supporting particular resorts goes well...I'm actually surprised that these big name places in PV don't have a customer service rep registered on this board and Trip Advisor who would respond to complaints and special requests directly. Maybe they already doooooo!

So: to end this diatribe; Wise Guy if you read this, I am sorry if any of my posts in response to your initial one have offended you. Was never my intention.. I wanted to make a living in comedy, but this is as far as I got.

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:51 am

I'm not sorry. I also have a right to not let "opinions" such as wiseguy's just slide by. As many of you know, I listen and let a lot go on before I voice my opinion...and my opinion was and is that wiseguy and his opinions are juvenile and inflamitory and needed to be addressed. And NO, I'm not and never will be particulary PC. Chuck... 8)

pvfunlover
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by pvfunlover » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:39 am

I think Wiseguy just might be jealous.

winterpegman

Post by winterpegman » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:47 am

Really though...wouldn't anyone like to have the time to read/post etc. whenever they liked? Get over it wiseguy...go play in someone else's backyard...your in "ours" now.