Baseball

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Redd
PV Oracle
PV Oracle
Baseball

Post by Redd » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:43 pm

Hi all! The Detroit Tigers just beat the Yankees 4-3! :lol:
Jane

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Tiger Terrific

Post by smitty » Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:05 pm

I'm hoping for the Tigers - love to see the Yankees get beat ! :)

chi-mike
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by chi-mike » Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:29 pm

I'm rooting for detroit only because I remember how bad I felt when the cubs blew a 13 game lead and misses the playoff.(1969) at least the tigers got that far.

chico98
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by chico98 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:33 pm

love to see the Yankees get beat !

DELETED

Re: Baseball

Post by DELETED » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:40 pm

DELETED

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:20 pm

:-x go yankees!!! 8)

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:37 pm

DELETED

palapa_gal
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Canucks vs Red Wings

Post by palapa_gal » Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:27 pm

Ok, because this is probably to only time this season that I will be able to rub it in.

The Vancouver Canucks beat the Detroit Red Wings 3-1 last night.

Go Canucks Go

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:59 pm

sorry, but i have been an american league fan since i was knee high to a grasshopper (growing up around the KC Royals, Minnesota Twins and Chicago White Sox) and i have been a Yankees fan way back since i can remember, i especially started going for the Yankees when Reggie, Mr October left Oakland for them. I guess i was more of a Reggie Jackson Fan than anything else. But also liked Thurman Munson, Willie Randolf, and firey Billy Martin as the manager. oh those were the days....

sorry mexibeach i will watch some pro football, but i am more of a college football fan... especially Big Ten football and the Iowa Hawkeyes...

DELETED

Re: Canucks vs Red Wings

Post by DELETED » Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:20 pm

DELETED

rossk
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by rossk » Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:09 pm

I write this 2 hrs before game time, but I'm betting our A's sweep the Twins today, and hope we see the Tigers next week!

Ross

Redd
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by Redd » Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:38 pm

palapa_gal wrote:Ok, because this is probably to only time this season that I will be able to rub it in.

Go Canucks Go
I know Lori....I know....we need Stevie Y. back :)
JaNe

Redd
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by Redd » Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:40 pm

tojol57 wrote:sorry, but i have been an american league fan since i was knee high to a grasshopper (growing up around the KC Royals, Minnesota Twins and Chicago White Sox) and i have been a Yankees fan way back since i can remember, i especially started going for the Yankees when Reggie, Mr October left Oakland for them. I guess i was more of a Reggie Jackson Fan than anything else. But also liked Thurman Munson, Willie Randolf, and firey Billy Martin as the manager. oh those were the days....

sorry mexibeach i will watch some pro football, but i am more of a college football fan... especially Big Ten football and the Iowa Hawkeyes...
THANK YOU TO ALL MY CANADIAN FRIENDS HERE..... :lol:
GOOOOOOO TIGERS!
Jane

Redd
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by Redd » Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:41 pm

mexibeach wrote:
tojol57 wrote::-x go yankees!!! 8)
Wah?? Yankees????? :x

Ohhhh - any football fans here??? I watched the Colts vs Jets game last week on Sunday - what a great game - I loves the Colts... and the Chiefs... what a great weekend for football :lol:
Yeah Lions!!!!! 0-4 can you believe these guys?????? :cry:
Jane

Redd
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by Redd » Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:44 pm

chi-mike wrote:I'm rooting for detroit only because I remember how bad I felt when the cubs blew a 13 game lead and misses the playoff.(1969) at least the tigers got that far.
Sorry I missed you.....Thanks to my Illinois friends too..... 8)
Jane

tojol57

What are you saying Jane?

Post by tojol57 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:05 pm

so Jane what you are saying since i am cheering for the Yankees Vs your Tigers, that we are no longer friends. Well wait until we get back down to PV next year... i am going back to the Malecon and put your picture up along the way telling everybody how you are going to be opening a new "shop" in Vallarta soon, taking "special" orders today. I bet those two waiters will be first in line for your new "operation". HA HA HA HA

have a good weekend kiddo... give mom a big hug and kiss from Lorrie and Me.... 8)

welovepv
PV Master
PV Master

Post by welovepv » Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:07 pm

palapa_gal wrote:Ok, because this is probably to only time this season that I will be able to rub it in.

Go Canucks Go
I was in Vancouver last weekend and during the hockey game the Blue Shark (I think that's the place) was crazy!!! What hockey fans - it was so fun!!!!

palapa_gal
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by palapa_gal » Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:46 am

All I can say is WOOOO HOOOO. 8V8 :-)4 8V8

The Canucks won again tonight. Watch out everyone, I think we're on a roll. :D :lol:

I was in Vancouver last weekend and during the hockey game the Blue Shark (I think that's the place) was crazy!!! What hockey fans - it was so fun!!!!
So, did you get to see any of Vancouver besides the inside of a conference room and a bar? :lol: I'm glad that we had go weather while you were here. Any chance that you might come back for a holiday?

Redd
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Re: What are you saying Jane?

Post by Redd » Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:32 pm

tojol57 wrote:so Jane what you are saying since i am cheering for the Yankees Vs your Tigers, that we are no longer friends. Well wait until we get back down to PV next year... i am going back to the Malecon and put your picture up along the way telling everybody how you are going to be opening a new "shop" in Vallarta soon, taking "special" orders today. I bet those two waiters will be first in line for your new "operation". HA HA HA HA

have a good weekend kiddo... give mom a big hug and kiss from Lorrie and Me.... 8)
Of course not Tom... :lol: That shop would be interesting though. LOL By the way did you happen to catch the game last night? In case you did not see it THE TIGERS SPANKED THE YANKEES 6-0!!!!!!!!!
Take care and tell Lorrie we said hello....
ox
from MI

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:22 pm

STL CARDS on to the next round.