Photography Question?

Share photos, videos or other media from your trip to the area.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God
Photography Question?

Post by Plus4 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:11 am

Just wondering has anyone ever had a corrupt camera memory card and have you been successful using an image recovery software to restore photos on the card..

btw
I cannot download the photos to my computer..I can only read a few pics on my Fuji camera but have seen on another camera that 75% of the photos are good on the memory card...Just cannot get them off of it...

wyoblu
PV Fan
PV Fan

Memory card

Post by wyoblu » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:03 pm

You can pick up a memory card reader, and download your photos to your computer that way. You can also take the memory card to a photo store and they can download your photos to a CD for you.

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:24 pm

Thank You wyoblu :)
I will take the memory card
to a camera shop that has the recovery software..
I was told 17.00 if it works ..Nada if it fails..

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:10 pm

Don't give up Sylvia.. That happened to me... it was the camera that was at fault. A regular card reader might work if you use it to hook directly to a computer, and if it still won't read try viewing and saving each picture through the Start - Run- (drive with reader ) - open function... That has worked for me.

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:02 am

The camera is new and I have found out it is the memory card.
The company where the camera was purchased gave us a new card to replace the messed up one....
At the shop on one of their cameras the photos show up ...
Still on vacation.. Heading out tomorrow to a cabin near Rocky Mountain House..Will try out the new memory card.. Plan to deal more with the corrupt card when we return..

Photos are so important to all of us...
Way of recording memories made and a way of sharing with others the beauty one has seen ....

No I will not give up unless all my options are exhausted...(stubborn Dutch :) )

dgwick
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by dgwick » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:55 pm

Do a search for "recovermyfiles"
You can download the software and run it without purchasing it. If it's able to read the card and the pictures you can then purchase the software and restore all the data.
I have used this software a few times. Once on my parent's computer after a complete crash and new format and install of windows. I was able to recover 98% of their pictures even though the drive was formatted and we installed windows on it again.

At least you can truly try before you buy with this and if it doesn't work, you have lost nothing. Trying a different card reader as suggested previously is also a good idea. Some drives have difficulties with some cards. Anything is worth a shot when you are trying to recover memories.

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:28 pm

Thanks dgwick :)

I purchased a cheap mini card reader writer..
I am able to view 49 of 89 photos but only in small size.. I can not open them or copy and paste...
I was also able to download a few into a folder using the card readers options ..
The photos usually crash the computer though ..
I can use 3 photos that I have been able to save so far as my background...? with no problems to the computer..
I just can not share them...Yet :) I am past the frustration of not having the photos and I am kind of enjoying the challenge of recovering them :roll: :lol:

will keep working on the pics with the card reader until I can get into Calgary and drop off the corrupt card at a Photography shop that has the Recovery Software..

The second week of our vacation I used the new camera with a new memory card and had no trouble..

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:37 am

Thank You so much to those above who helped me learn how to recover our photos...Few pics from Bigfork Montana taken from the corrupt card...
I was only able to recover about 1/3 of the pics but I am happy that not all were lost...

Private day beach Wayfarer State Park Bigfork

Timbers Motel Resort Bigfork

On a walk in Wayfarers State Park Montana

The Raven Restaurant and Bar ..WoodsBay
IImage

2nd week of vacation North of Rocky Mountain House Alberta photos with new memory card turned out OK..

Last day of holiday today..
Cheers.. :)

Albina8Ward
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Albina8Ward » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:49 am

I’m a beginner, and I’m having trouble with correct exposure for indoor pictures, such as family groups, portraits, and candid shots... I usually remember to adjust the white balance, but any advice for improvement????