Wow What a Vacation - Many Photos !!!!

Share photos, videos or other media from your trip to the area.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

svedish
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
Wow What a Vacation - Many Photos !!!!

Post by svedish » Sun Mar 14, 2004 9:20 am

Hello all -
Well I've started to put my trip report together. I have almost 400 images that I am posting to my website. It's late, almost 1:00AM Pacific and I've only done 3 days worth, and I'm finding it difficult to stop for the night. We were there 13 days so I have my work cut out for me.

I can't say enough wonderful things about the Canto Del Sol. I am so very glad that we chose this resort. We WILL be back and we are already planning on spending our 23rd anniversary there the end of November.

Please check out my website www.svedish.com (click on the photos page) and let me know what you think. If anyone can assist me, I have many digital videos that are AVI format. I use Frontpage 2000 and am having difficulties getting the videos to "load". I am able to view on my computer in Frontpage, but when I open a new browser to see how it looks for you, the video is not showing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Mogens can you help me?

Hope to be mostly done by tomorrow and for those I have promised to email photos to - you will get them tomorrow.

Goodnight to all my new friends.
Margie (Svedish)

pat
PV Guru
PV Guru

Re:Wow What a Vacation - Many Photos !!!!

Post by pat » Sun Mar 14, 2004 5:23 pm

Great photos Svedis! I enjoyed looking at ll of them and look forward to seeing more. I really like your format, having your trip report along with the pictures. Very nice!

svedish
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by svedish » Sun Mar 14, 2004 8:44 pm

Thank you Pat ! I am having so much fun. Hope the photos are helpfull to others. I'm up to day 8 and will be posting that page shortly. Honestly, I think the photos were getting better each day !

svedish
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by svedish » Tue Mar 16, 2004 6:23 pm

Okay - all the photos are now posted. I'm still working on the videos and hope to have them done tonight. Thank you for all your great email responses. I'm thrilled that you are enjoying the pictures. I have also written my "trip report" so do take the time to read if you want more information.

Again, go to www.svedish.com click the photos tab and look for Puerto Vallarta 2004 Days 1-2-3, 4-5-6, etc.
Enjoy!

Svedish

svedish
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by svedish » Sat Mar 20, 2004 7:50 pm

Hello All -

Okay, I have finally finished my trip report (including the videos - which I finally figured out how to upload). Many photos, videos and reviews of Canto Del Sol and Puerto Vallarta. We loved it!!

Please check out my website at
http://www.svedish.com
Go to the photos page and click on Puerto Vallarta 2004 , Days 1-2-3, 4-5-6, Videos, etc.
I hope you enjoy what I have posted.

We had a great time - We hope you do as well.

Sincerely,
Margie (Svedish) and Ross Crozier

J. Byrd

Post by J. Byrd » Wed Mar 24, 2004 9:27 pm

Margie,
Great photo's!!! I think my 3 girlfriends and I were at the Canto Del Sol the same week as you because I recognized the 4 cowboy boys in their hats. We were there 3/6-3/10/04 and had a great time. I’ve stayed at the Canto (formally the Continental Plaza) many of times and always enjoy the staff and vendors on the beach….most of them are really nice people.
I’ll pass your site on to my girlfriends, cause I’m sure we’ll get a laugh out of the 4 cowboys….they were everywhere. Were you in the lobby the night they did the guy competition of the 4-5 guys? One of them was a cowboy…they were quite amusing and funny to watch.
Thanks again for the great photo’s! Your photo skills are awesome!!!
J.

chiquitawannabe

Post by chiquitawannabe » Thu Mar 25, 2004 8:08 pm

hola Margie! I checked out your website and am blown away! what gorgeous pictures you take! I am very appreciative of being able to look at them all and "re-live" my own fantastic vacation I had recently thru your pictures! You see, I went a little brain-dead while in PV (the last week of Jan) ... I was just having too much fun and it seemed everytime I wanted to take a picture, be it scenery or people, my camera wasn't with me! So I'm reliving the experience thru you... :) My cousin and I stayed at the Crown Paradise, a fabulouse resort tho it was a little tame, but we had an awesome time nonetheless! Being 2 single women in a resort full of couples, we certainly did receive our fair share of attention, haah! Our activities staff were absolutely FABULOUS too! Maybe one day we will be in beautiful PV at the same time ... I look forward to meeting you! :)

svedish
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by svedish » Thu Mar 25, 2004 9:36 pm

Hello J. Bird and chiquitawannabe,

Thanks so much for the great compliments!! Yes, J. Bird we were there at the same time. I was there Feb 28 – Mar 11. I missed the cowboy’s competition but I’m sure I would have loved it. So a real cowboy and a fireman! :) The one on the left in my photos is named Marcus. He was so sweet. Just the kind of young man I would like my twin daughters to meet (when they get a little older).

This was our first time at Canto Del Sol and I’ve already booked the resort for our next trip Nov. 24 to Dec 12. We have been to Mazatlan twice and really love Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay, but it doesn’t have the fun, activities, and socializing, etc. that CDS has. P B Emerald Bay is VERY romantic, elegant and quiet.

Chiq…Well I know how it is with cameras. I just got this one for Christmas; it’s my first digital camera. Nice thing about digital is you can take tons of shots and just delete those you don’t like. I’m really glad that you like the photos and the website. It is tremendous fun. I kept my camera with me all the time – except when we went to Andales one night - and I rode the burro twice!! Those would have been great fun photos!

Just before we went to PV I found this BB, listened a lot to Mr&MrsCrownParadise and how much they enjoy their favorite place. I did check it out but the best price I could find was $260/night. A little too steep for me. CDS was only $127/night (taxes included). This was perfect for us.

If you think you may be in PV in November/December, please email me. It is always great to meet new people and have fun together.

svedish
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by svedish » Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:29 pm

Hit the back button by mistake - posted twice :)

chiquitawannabe

Post by chiquitawannabe » Sat Mar 27, 2004 12:34 am

hola Margie! I checked out your website and am blown away! what gorgeous pictures you take! I am very appreciative of being able to look at them all and "re-live" my own fantastic vacation I had recently thru your pictures! You see, I went a little brain-dead while in PV (the last week of Jan) ... I was just having too much fun and it seemed everytime I wanted to take a picture, be it scenery or people, my camera wasn't with me! So I'm reliving the experience thru you... :) My cousin and I stayed at the Crown Paradise, a fabulouse resort tho it was a little tame, but we had an awesome time nonetheless! Being 2 single women in a resort full of couples, we certainly did receive our fair share of attention, haah! Our activities staff were absolutely FABULOUS too! Maybe one day we will be in beautiful PV at the same time ... I look forward to meeting you! :)

svedish
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by svedish » Sat Mar 27, 2004 12:41 am

Hello Rita,
I received your email today. Thank you so much for the lovely note. I have responded to you. Look in your inbox (at work?)
Take care,
Margie
Marguerite (s) ;-)

connor
PV Master
PV Master

Post by connor » Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:45 pm

FANTASTIC JOB MARGIE. what a great presentation. i feel like i have just been back to p.v. the canto del sol looks like a great resort. thanks for sharing all your memories with us. m.m.