Another great restaurant!

Tips, comments and questions on restaurants, bars, cafés, budget food and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

pt
Another great restaurant!

Post by pt » Sat Jan 05, 2002 6:20 am

Just had a wonderful dinner at Archie's Wok. I always forget to mention this place - in Los Muertos. Delicious food, great service, reasonably priced. They do not take reservations and we had to wait around 30 minutes but it was not bad at all. Sat outside and heard the ocean. This place has been around for years and again, I always forget to mention it!

howard_jax
PV Master
PV Master

Re:Another great restaurant!

Post by howard_jax » Sat Jan 05, 2002 3:07 pm

Pam, Archi's is good and a great story behind it.

fred

Post by fred » Sat Jan 05, 2002 6:08 pm

I love archies wok , great food & exellent service . daugther & mother run the place. MY # 1 restaurant in oriental cusine in P.V.

pt

Post by pt » Sat Jan 05, 2002 10:36 pm

Cuchillo you are right! My good friend, Bud Acord (who owns Hacienda Jalisco in San Sebastian - a must see!) has filled me in on Archie himself. Bud was great friends with John Huston - moved here in the early 60's. I always thought that Archie was John Hustons personal cook. Not always! He catered many fancy parties for Liz, Dick and that group during filming Night of the Iguana and after. Word caught on about how great he was and he was busy! The stories that Bud can tell about "those days in PV" are worth the trip to the Hacienda alone!!!! And yes! Dinner last night was fabulous and well-worth the wait. I swore I would NEVER wait in line for ANY restaurant here - changed my mind!