Smoking in restaurants

Tips, comments and questions on restaurants, bars, cafés, budget food and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

okiefrog
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Smoking in restaurants

Post by okiefrog » Tue Jan 27, 2004 12:13 am

What's the smoking policy in restaurants? Are there non-smoking areas available?

Thanks!

canadianchiquita
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Re:Smoking in restaurants

Post by canadianchiquita » Tue Jan 27, 2004 2:25 am

Okie the smoking policy in PV is basically "smoke 'em if you got 'em". Non-smoking sections? Not too sure, I never asked but I bet they are available.

matt
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by matt » Wed Jan 28, 2004 3:41 am

I have seen a few restaurants that offer non-smoking sections, but it is not very common.

Charlieb

Post by Charlieb » Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:21 pm

I'm a non smoker. I have never had a problem in any restaurants because they all are so open and the smoke just dosen't stagnate like it does in closed areas. Lots of fresh air. Only possible problem is if you sit next to a smoker, and then it is easy to move a bit further away.

susana

Post by susana » Sun Feb 01, 2004 7:03 pm

I have never noticed no-smoking sections, at least in and around Old Town restaurants. Most tables are set with ashtrays standard, which I took as a clue. As mentioned already, seek out open air and patio dining situations, there's plenty of them.

matt
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by matt » Mon Feb 02, 2004 5:44 am

I know that the "VIPS" restaurant next to the Walmart/Sam's Club has a non-smoking section. The food is Mexican, but it's about as exciting as eating at a Denny's Restaurant back in the US. I would guess that some of the American chains, such as HardRock Cafe, also have no smoking sections.

glmwpg
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by glmwpg » Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:14 pm

i seem to recall Brasil's steakhouse asking for smoking or non.

it isn't a big issue down there, most places are open air, and if not open air are decently ventilated.