Best burgers for the boys

Tips, comments and questions on restaurants, bars, cafés, budget food and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

ajstanger
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
Best burgers for the boys

Post by ajstanger » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:11 pm

On our way back for trip #6 with our boys (11 & 18 for their 3rd).

We haven't found many good burger joints (not fast food) other then Lazy Lizard (now closed).

Can anyone suggest a good place to get a good hamburger and fries so we can go with the boys one time. One with a view or on the beach or in old town or wherever. They like some Mexican food but can't eat just that. I really don't like going to get fast food when in PV although the best Whoppers ever at the Burger King.

Leaving soon so I would appreciate any input. Also let me know if you think there are some that we should avoid. I know it's a matter of opinion but I am interested in yours.

Thanks,

Adios,
T.

teatrolimon
PV Guru
PV Guru

burgers

Post by teatrolimon » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:01 am

225 fco i madero

the back alley steak and chophouse

the best youll get in vallarta hands down

bruce

michelle/tyler
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by michelle/tyler » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:13 am

My recommendation would be at Taste of Italy we never miss going there for a burger and fries it is so good.We raved to our friends about this place and they told us we haven't had a good burger until we try Paradise Burger.So a couple days later we went to Paradise it was good but did not compare to taste of Italy and price wise it was crazy.2 beers 2 cheeseburgers 2 fries at taste of Italy $15.00,2 cheeseburgers,basket of onion rings(A&W) style and 2 cokes at paradise burger $45.00.

mikeypv
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by mikeypv » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:03 am

My husband had a burger at the stand across the street from the Rizo Supermercardo and said it was the best he had ever eaten.

sjl330
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by sjl330 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:20 pm

My husband got a cheeseburger at Taste of Italy and it was wonderful!! Another vote here for Taste of Italy. And very reasonably priced. And he got it 'to go' and we ate it on the beach. Perfect ambiance, lol.

garyrbeck
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Burgers

Post by garyrbeck » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:00 pm

Don't forget Picnic on Olas Altas at Pulpito. Love them with the fries. Also, have not been but heard good things, the burger at Sr Sweeney is supposed to be good. Also check out Jimmy's Burgers downtown.

8)

harry
PV Fan
PV Fan

Re: Burgers

Post by harry » Sat May 02, 2009 8:02 pm

garyrbeck wrote:Don't forget Picnic on Olas Altas at Pulpito. Love them with the fries. Also, have not been but heard good things, the burger at Sr Sweeney is supposed to be good. Also check out Jimmy's Burgers downtown.

8)
Heard that Picnic might be closing. Anybody know? Much to my surprise the burger at Bubba Gumps and Joe Jacks Fish Shack were pretty good last year also. Got to try Taste of Italy next trip based on what I read here.

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Sun May 03, 2009 2:07 am

Vaca Grill on Avenida Francia. Find the HSBC more or less across the street from Coppel and go up the street on the north side of it for a couple of blocks. Vaca Grill is on the left and they have great burgers.

garyrbeck
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Burger

Post by garyrbeck » Sun May 03, 2009 3:46 am

Just a rumor around SouthSide that Picnic may close for summer and not reopen. Have no facts. Add to list, Teatro Limon has started seving well-priced lunches and one is a garbage can burger, not for the faint of heart. It has tons of goodies on top. Highly recomended as are the ribs, and venison if he has it.

grb

teatrolimon
PV Guru
PV Guru

?

Post by teatrolimon » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:44 am

picnic is stil open

im closed?

but before rumors or has it or whatever

BY CHOICE!!!

chico98
PV Oracle