Inexpensive Family Friendly Restaurants Near Grand Mayan NV

Tips, comments and questions on restaurants, bars, cafés, budget food and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

hypechick
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Inexpensive Family Friendly Restaurants Near Grand Mayan NV

Post by hypechick » Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:46 am

This is a great forum! My husband and 2 kids (age 1 and 3) and I will be staying at the Grand Mayan the first week in May. We're on a budget but love good food. Can anyone recommend reasonably priced authentic Mexican and fresh seafood places near the Grand Mayan? I see lots of places mentioned in Bucerias. We've very open to family run and hole in the wall places as long as they are clean and safe for our kids. Good view, drinks and spicy foods are pluses.

We're not likely to eat at the GM due to price and resort quality food. And we'll do a big food shop at Mega when we get there but we want to try the local fare a few times.

We can't wait to escape this never ending Seattle winter for warm sun at the poolside!

vexsgirl
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by vexsgirl » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:58 pm

I can't answer the questions but I can totally agree about getting out of the seattle neverending winter weather! I'm a bit north of seattle and we are going to PV next week. Cant wait! I need sun and warmth too!

Cheers!

pvgemini
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by pvgemini » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:49 pm

Going to Bucerias is a great idea. I'm sure there are many inexpensive places there to eat. You might get some good specific recommendations on this site, but you should check out chowhound.com, and search "Bucerias."

Sally