? for coffee drinkers.

Tips, comments and questions on restaurants, bars, cafés, budget food and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle
? for coffee drinkers.

Post by davilin » Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:08 am

On our last visit we bought a bag of ground coffee at the Paradise Village Mall and it was very good. I can't remember the brand, I hope I'll recognize it when I see it, but that brings up the question; When in P.V., what brand of ground coffee do you like?

tojol57

I will check

Post by tojol57 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:12 pm

i will check my fridge for my Mexican stash of coffee... we have bought some on one of our trips up to San Sabastian, and it is excellent... and then there are a couple of other varieties of beans we have bought over the years that we really enjoy... when i get the names, i will post them out here for everbody....

but the beans from San Sabastian are excellent if you can find it... if not, take the tour up into the mountains and visit San Sabastian, a wonderfull look back into the history of the region....

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:52 pm

Don't really know what brand I have, but all coffee I've had in PV and in Mexico in general has suited my palate.
Anything that is strong and bitter is what I want in my coffee. In the US i drink exclusively espresso.

Jennybean
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Java

Post by Jennybean » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:32 pm

I've bought regular store grind at grocery stores (not too bad mixed with Baileys), but my preference is the coffee used by and sold by Dee's Coffee Company. A medium to dark roast.

I believe she buys hers roasted from Cafe Oro Verde, which does phenomenal coffee roasting. You can buy whole bean or ground.

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by davilin » Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:03 am

Never did find the brand we bought last trip but, the house blend at Sunset Market in Paradise Village was decent. Also, there is now a Starbuck's (anyone surprised?).

travelbug_jp
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by travelbug_jp » Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:20 am

I'm bringing a big can of "Tim's" with me when I go.

Joyce

montyjam
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Coffee

Post by montyjam » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:55 pm

Oro Verde, Juarez 728, upstairs.

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Coffee Info

Post by smitty » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:02 pm

The Starbucks is close to the Holiday Inn . I need lots of coffee and even though Starbucks is far from my taste - I would stop in for a fix . :)

delectdee
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Re: Java

Post by delectdee » Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:15 am

Jennybean wrote:I've bought regular store grind at grocery stores (not too bad mixed with Baileys), but my preference is the coffee used by and sold by Dee's Coffee Company. A medium to dark roast.

I believe she buys hers roasted from Cafe Oro Verde, which does phenomenal coffee roasting. You can buy whole bean or ground.

I, too, am a huge fan of Dee's Coffee. I'd be there as soon as she opened and would often return a couple more times through the day. I never thought of asking her where she got her coffee from. Next trip, I think I'll give it a try.

northmb
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by northmb » Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:49 pm

I'm a huge Tim's coffee fan too (great idea for next year Joyce - I'll take my own tin!!). Des and I treid Dee's this year and she does have great coffee. If you have a chance try lunch there - fabulous sandwiches too!

Sherry