New taco restaurant recommendation

Tips, comments and questions on restaurants, bars, cafés, budget food and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle
New taco restaurant recommendation

Post by ellen » Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:31 pm

Last night Linda, my current house guest, and I ate for the 2nd time at a relatively new and great little taco restaurant. It`s called Tacos Muciño and it`s right on the corner of Ignacio Vallarta and Aquiles Serdan. The food is very fresh and very, very cheap. We had so much food between the 2 of us, tacos, tostadas, queso fundido, quesadillas and 2 bottles of water and it only came to about $10.00. The 1st time there was much the same. I highly recommend it for a cheap, cheerful and filling meal!

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:55 pm

DELETED

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:35 pm

ellen thanks for telling us about the new taco place..
Keep enjoying your vacation.. :)

integrity
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by integrity » Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:59 pm

Hello,
These sound great. We are going the end of February, but have a question. Last year when we were in San Juan, we took a trip before our plane and the cab driver took us to this spot for shrimp tacos. They were deep fat fried and were to die for. I had talked about them in the states and a lady had a name for them, but I can't remember. Does anyone know what I am talking about and if they have them in PV?
Thank you,
Foltz

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:53 pm

integrity wrote:Hello,
These sound great. We are going the end of February, but have a question. Last year when we were in San Juan, we took a trip before our plane and the cab driver took us to this spot for shrimp tacos. They were deep fat fried and were to die for. I had talked about them in the states and a lady had a name for them, but I can't remember. Does anyone know what I am talking about and if they have them in PV?
Thank you,
Foltz
Probably they were called shrimp chimichangas or, in Spanish, chimichangas de cameron.

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:47 pm

Thenks for the recomendation. Would like to try the place. Right now I drooling all over the keyboard.

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:48 pm

chuck wrote:Thenks for the recomendation. Would like to try the place. Right now I drooling all over the keyboard.
You´re welcome, Chuck. It´s too bad you won´t be coming this year to try them out but with any luck they´ll still be around in June/July when you make it back.