Christmas in PV

Tips, comments and questions on restaurants, bars, cafés, budget food and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

mhahn
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
Christmas in PV

Post by mhahn » Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:15 am

Am getting excited, we leave Dec 21 to spend a long awaited Christmas in Puerto Vallarta, specifically the Golden Crown Paradise (which we have been to many times previous). Anyone else enjoying the Holidays in Mexico? Does anyone know if most restaurants etc. are closed on Christmas Day? We were thinkg of having Christmans Dinner at one of our favorite restaurants outside of the resort.

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:17 pm

Wow, sounds like fun, but can't help you on your questions. We've never been in Mex. on such an important holiday. I'm sure the front desk or the staff will be able to help you with phone numbers ect. to find out if certain resturants will be open.

I wonder if the town will be as dead as it was during the election weekend we spent there this July. Muerte...NO BOOZE....few places doing any business at all.

Anyway have a great time, wish I would be there, but we are scheduled to be at the Iberostar Quetzal in Playacar, Jan 12. Will hit PV in June again.

mhahn
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by mhahn » Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:23 pm

As long as we can get our good drinks at the GCP we will have a very Merry!

rosie

Post by rosie » Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:34 pm

I have noticed that a lot of places are open on Christmas Day, at least our favourites have been.

winterpegman

Post by winterpegman » Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:39 pm

Many close early (go figure). I found Christmas to be almost "disappointing" there actually. I've been there for a couple now. Last was quite nice actually, Robert & Susan (former owners of The Cactus II, and what later became Rohan), invited all their regulars over for a Christmas dinner cooked and served by Susan. It was quite lovely, and very generous of them to do so for us that otherwise would have likely sat at home alone.

rosie

Post by rosie » Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:47 pm

Darryl's experience is interesting, totally opposite from ours, we are glad to be away from all that goes on at Christmas at home...there's a lot to be said for lounging around the beach with a cold cervesa in hand. This will be Christmas #4 for us in PV. We do visit resident friends and then carry on to whatever we decide.

pop&fresh

shhh!!!!

Post by pop&fresh » Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:00 pm

im planning a huge family style, come on in and enjoy xmas dinner here at the back alley

im trying this idea because xmas is a time to be together
so all tables will be to gether so you can make your tummy a new friend and meet a new friend

what do you all think of tghis concept!!!!

bruce

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Re: shhh!!!!

Post by ellen » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:11 pm

pop&fresh wrote:im planning a huge family style, come on in and enjoy xmas dinner here at the back alley

im trying this idea because xmas is a time to be together
so all tables will be to gether so you can make your tummy a new friend and meet a new friend

what do you all think of tghis concept!!!!

bruce
That sounds awesome, Bruce. I am sure that will fill a real need for many people who are away from their families and want to be with someone. I wish we were going to be here for it but we´ll be back December 27 and I´ll bring my husband in at some time to meet you and Julia.

pop&fresh

BRUCES CHRISTMAS DINNER

Post by pop&fresh » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:38 pm

CHRISTMAS DINNER DEC 25, 2006

HERE AT BRUCES WE BELIEVE CHRISTMAS IS A TIME TO GATHER WITH FRIENDS AND FAMILY AND TO ENJOY EACH OTHERS FELLOWSHIP AND COMPANY
THIS YEAR WE WILL BE FEATURING A FAMILY STYLE SIT DOWN DINNER

MENU

STARTERS

A SALAD OF MIXED GREENS AND FRESH FRUIT WITH A BLISSFUL LEMON AND DILL VINAGRETTE

HOMEMADE TARRAGON AND MUSHROOM SOUP

BAR HARBOR STUFFED CRAB WITH A CITRUS BEURRE BLANC SAUCE

MAIN DISH

OVEN ROASTED TURKEY WITH A LEEK SAGE AND APPLE STUFFING
WITH FRESH PECAN AND HONEY ROASTED CARROTS AND FRESH BABY SUNBURST SQUASH WITH OVEN ROASTED BABY RED POTATOES

OR

CANADIAN HONEY HAM WITH TROPICAL SPICED APPLES AND HONEY ROASTED CARROTS , FRESH BABY SUNBURST SQUASH WITH OVEN ROASTED BABY RED POTATOES

DESERT

HOMEADE APPLE PIE AND ICE CREAM

PRICED PER PERSON ATTRACTIVELY AT 285 PESOS PER PERSON
A SPECIAL CHILDRENS DISCOUNT IS ALSO AVAILABLE

RESERVATION ARE A MUST

THIS DINNER IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR TAKE OUT

INCLUDED IN THIS PRICE IS A SPECIALL GIFT CERTIFICATE TO BE USED IN THE NEW YEAR AT BRUCES

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:27 am

FAMILY STYLE SIT DOWN DINNER
Neat Bruce. Family style means all you can eat right?

chico98
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by chico98 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:33 pm

I AM COMING

belardi
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Re: Christmas in PV

Post by belardi » Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:21 pm

mhahn wrote:Am getting excited, we leave Dec 21 to spend a long awaited Christmas in Puerto Vallarta, specifically the Golden Crown Paradise (which we have been to many times previous). Anyone else enjoying the Holidays in Mexico? Does anyone know if most restaurants etc. are closed on Christmas Day? We were thinkg of having Christmans Dinner at one of our favorite restaurants outside of the resort.
Hi, don't know if you'll check this after u get there. I found a site - that listed several restaurants for New Years and a few for Christmas. I think I am going to go to a place called Boca Bento; menu looked really good. sure you can find them or can email at: info@bocabento.com