Resturant on a hill?

Tips, comments and questions on restaurants, bars, cafés, budget food and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

CJ-canada
PV Fan
PV Fan
Resturant on a hill?

Post by CJ-canada » Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:26 pm

Theres this really nice resturant (date place) thats classy and its on a hill or something like that nice view. does anyone know the name?

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:45 pm

are you trying to think of El Panorama?????????????

you do realize that you can click on "search" up on the task bar up above and research some of your questions before starting a new thread for each and every question.... not trying to upset or offend, but that way you can find some answers faster from past posts and previous similar questions... and you would have all your answers right then and there...

big guy
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by big guy » Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:45 pm

Could be Filipe's.

Jennybean
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Restaurants

Post by Jennybean » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:06 am

Could be one of about a dozen places...seriously though, follow Tom's advice. I've now seen about 10-15 questions here across a few of these drawers from you that, no offense, could have been answered by you simply using the search function, as all of the topics have been covered, and most very recently.

So my 3 pieces of advice for Puerto Vallarta to you are:

1. Read ALL the threads relating to your questions!

2. Research by reading the threads you deem interesting!

3. If you still can't find an answer, then ask us because we're a bunch of know-it-alls! :lol:

chico98
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by chico98 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:45 am

carmelitas
the highest rest in vallarta
overlooking the whole bay
view from rest
http://i13.tinypic.com/34o96w5.jpg
the other side
http://i16.tinypic.com/2iqmk34.jpg

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:52 am

Jennybean, you are begining to sound like me. This forum has so much info that could be easily searched for, instead of posting multiple shotgun questions. But just thinking about something here, maybe somare not to savy about how to navigate a forum. But, if they have stumbled onto this one they are lucky, because it is so user friendly.

rosie

Post by rosie » Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:18 am

could be Las (?) Carmelitas

Jennybean
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Uh Oh...LOL

Post by Jennybean » Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:22 am

Jennybean, you are begining to sound like me.
Oy vey! :lol:

J/K...

tojol57

YIKES

Post by tojol57 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:58 pm

Thanks for the support there JB... i just thought the same thing... i realize that is an excellent source of information, but just firing potshots to get responses to me (and this is just my opinion) is: 1) is computer illiterate to use the search function of the website, 2) wants everybody else to do their work for them rather than do it themselves and make their vacation that much more meaningful, or 3) just doesn't get it....

Even as many times that Lorrie and I have been to Mexico and Puerto Vallarta, we still go to Barnes and Noble, or Borders, or Walden Books, etc.. and look at and buy updated travel books from the likes of Frommers, etc... because we enjoy seeing what is being said by these companies and writers... it makes it easier for us to help our friends that want to travel with us, or are curious on why we come down here year after year after year....

The best part of the vacation is the "hunt" for that new spot to check out, whether it is a resort, a tour, a restaurant, etc... the adventure...

jmho :soapbox: |:-|

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:03 am

I say anyone should be able to sign on to the board and ask away..
Many of us have been long time members and know the board well and how it works...Newbies do not and they should feel free to ask what they wish and not get told they are computer illiterate.....and so be it if they are ...
Seeing a response like some of the above may just turn a few folks off from posting...
Not everyone reads the board every day or every week for that matter.
Questions help move the board...
Even this thread moved.. :lol:

Just my humble :)

CJ-canada
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by CJ-canada » Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:55 am

You 'moderators' would be out of a "job" if people didnt post questions they might have on there mind. I do agree we should "hunt" for our questions. Iam sure theres an answer for every question that is posted on this board somewhere on the net or even on this site. So why have the board then?! Because its easier and more convinent to ask a question and get many different answers intreasting views, different opions from different PVR fans.

tojol57

Granted - But???

Post by tojol57 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:08 pm

Ok... i can see your points, and not what you are saying... but how about five new people sign up within 15 mintues of each other, before doing any research on this website or any of the vast other websites or even GOOGLE for information, they each for some reason post the same question, but worded just slighty different....

Poster A - wants the top three things to do
Poster B - wants the top five things to do
Poster C - wants your favorite thing to do
Poster D - wants the best thing to do
Poster E - is searching for the best thing to do cause he is 21 yrs old...

there have been numerous threads on these topics as well as polls taken by other posters, moderators, the admin, etc... would you consider this a little redundant...

Also, as a moderator, we also need to help direct "newbies" as well as the seasoned PVR lover to various threads that have already addressed the topics... Even if they were to find a thread that is two years old, and post a comment to that thread that brings that topic back up to the top of the list again... And some people get "upset" when this happens, "Why would somebody pull up a two yr old post"....

Let me appologize to you that i have offended.... it was not my intent to upset you, or make seasoned travelers come to the defensive of newbies... maybe some people totally enjoy reduntancy... sorry for trying to create some sort of order and efficiency to Research and Development.... just my humble....

CJ-canada
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by CJ-canada » Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:48 pm

Tom, AKA Mr. Bulletin Board Nazi. Relax a bit there. I t s a b u l l e t i n b o a r d !!! You remind me of the soup nazi on seinfeld. Take it easy Bush. Take a vacation.

-Yours Truley

travelbug_jp
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by travelbug_jp » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:03 pm

We had a fabulous meal at El Palomar, up the hill a bit and a great ocean view. Try the seafood platter for 2 its humungous and every bite melted in my mouth.

Joyce

helenf
PV Guru
PV Guru

El Palomar de los Gonzales

Post by helenf » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:17 pm

I agree with Joyce and also recommend El Palomar de los Gonzales. Hands down my favourite restaurant in PV. The views are incredible. The steaks are awesome and I don't eat seafood but my travel buddy certainly loves the platter there. He was able to ask for a half order of the seafood platter for 2 and it was still too big for him to finish! And don't forget to ask for a sexy (or special) coffee for desert. The presentation is great!

El Palomar is located at 425 Aquacate.

Helen

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:43 am

CJ-canada wrote:Tom, AKA Mr. Bulletin Board Nazi. Relax a bit there. I t s a b u l l e t i n b o a r d !!! You remind me of the soup nazi on seinfeld. Take it easy Bush. Take a vacation.

-Yours Truley
you do realize how tough it is to come out here and be called this... to me your comment has no meaning, it totally shows a lack of character on your part, a total disrespect for me as a moderator of this website, as a person with a lot of travel knowledge of Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta as well as other parts of Mexico, disrespecting the other commentors from this thread that expressed some similar sentiment for your questions and threads you posed, .... why aren't you attacking them, calling them names, etc... yes i realize it is a bulletin board, as you can see i have been a member of this board longer than you have, been to PVR more times than you have, have earned the respect of many of the other posters of this Bulletin board that will e-mail me or send PM's with their specific questions or concerns...

And finally before you start comparing me to Mr Bush, President of the United States (for whatever reason that shot was fired), why don't you just :-X( :-X( :-X( :-X( ......

and have a nice day....

rosie

Post by rosie » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:44 am

thanks for the reminder Helen, I keep forgetting about this place, have now started a list of eateries not to miss.

tequilagirl
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by tequilagirl » Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:10 am

I'm with you Tom; All the moderators have been totally cool with me even though i could do with a few computer skill lessons!
Are we allowed to vote certain people off our lovely site?!?

Jennybean
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Blah Blah Blah

Post by Jennybean » Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:29 am

Hey CJ, practice what you preach and lighten up.

You want help? Best place to start would be not going apes**t on one of the moderators. You'd think we wouldn't have to hit you with a clue by four to figure that one out...

All people said was hey, take a look around this joint - there is a TON of available, viable, and recent information on absolutely everything you posted. And what little there was that didn't already have a recent thread, ask.

If you take it personally, that's your own deal.

poppy
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Restaurant

Post by poppy » Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:18 am

Las Carmelitas. Highest point in Vallarta. Food is great and the sangria glasses are giant. Have fun.