Las Carmelitas

Tips, comments and questions on restaurants, bars, cafés, budget food and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

loomis41973
PV Fan
PV Fan
Las Carmelitas

Post by loomis41973 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:31 pm

Never tried this place...is it worth it? How are the food and drink prices?

chico98
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by chico98 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:14 pm

randyhawk
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by randyhawk » Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:15 pm

very attractive link....nice views...not for me this time maybe another...but thanks

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:06 pm

I have only been there once but would not bother to go back again. You are so high up that the view actually suffers. You get a much better view in my opinion from someplace like Barcelona Tapas, El Panorama, El Nido, Felipe´s, Ah Carumba, etc., etc. The food was just ok the day we were there. There was nothing wrong with it nor anything memorable about it either. And it was a bit of a pain to get to.

rossk
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by rossk » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:28 pm

We ate there for the first time last October and wished that we had tried it on prevous visits to PV. Yes, you're on top of the hill, but for us, that was the charm, the feeling of being so far away from town, surrounded only by the lush, green, silent jungle, enjoying a classic PV sunset, watching the sun sink into the sea as darkness envelops all. We had very good food, great service, enjoyed it all, esp the margaritas, but we were also there during the low season, a table by the railing was easy to come by. At most, there were perhaps 6 other groups there.

Tho we had a car for the week, we took a taxi and saved the bother (I never would have found it, was earlier looking for the road at the wrong end of the tunnel). I have a couple of images I should post, which reminds me I haven't gotten around to uploading our trip pics to webshots. Where does the time go?

Maybe I'm just a romantic, but I thought it was one of our most special nights.

chi-mike
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by chi-mike » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:12 am

I would have to agree with ellen. been there once and don't think I'd go again.you are so high it looks like a view from an airplane.the panorramic view on their website is misleading. from the restaurant you can only see the southside of town.some people walked up a steep footpath (we didn't) and that must be where you get a view of the northside of town. if you go,bring a sweater because it's cool up there.