Fish and Chips

Tips, comments and questions on restaurants, bars, cafés, budget food and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God
Fish and Chips

Post by Plus4 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:57 pm

edit question...
Last edited by Plus4 on Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chico98
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by chico98 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:23 am

other people say Joe Jack's Fish Shack is great

(http://www.vallartaonline.com/restauran ... ish-shack/)

TNbear
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by TNbear » Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:41 pm

I have also seen good reports about Joe Jacks. I didn't get the time to try them when I was in PV in Feb., but will definately have it on my list when we go back in October.

travelbug_jp
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by travelbug_jp » Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:36 pm

I walked past it many times but also never when I was hungry enough to go in. Next year.

Joyce

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:16 pm

I went there in July and was not very impressed, at least not impressed enough to return when I was there in Nov.

The kids got fish and chips and I had dorado, which was over cooked and very dry. Not the best seafood I have had in PV.

The owner was apparently more interested in trying to hit on me as soon as we walked in the door, than he was in what was going on in the kitchen that night. Enough so that the kids asked, "Why is he looking at you that way?" Instead of trying to explain the fine art of the pick up moves to a 9 and 11-year-old, I opted to tell them, "Because he is being a jerk".

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Updated thread

Post by webmaster » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:28 pm

I've updated this thread, I find the comments directed by some to Kat were inappropriate and I feel she's right in how she felt and handled the situation. It's easy to judge and say "You should have done this" or "you should accept that...", real life is not that easy and when you're with children things change radically. Any good owner of any company and service should always act in a way that makes their clients feel comfortable.

Please keep to the subject of Fish and Chips and reserve your judgements or criticism to pm's or private e-mails. BTW I find fried fish and chips a kick in the liver :-).

Mogens

rossk
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by rossk » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:14 pm

My son and I had the fish and chips at Joe Jacks in Oct, and we both agreed it was some of the best we'd had. The slaw accompanying it was just ok. My wife and I ordered house specialty cocktails, and her cocktail, even after they *adjusted* it, had hardly enough tequila to detect. Overall, it's on my list of places to visit again, tho it was admittedly a little uneven that night.

TNbear
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by TNbear » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:51 am

Sorry, but I just don't grasp the consept of travelling 2-3 thousand miles to a different country and having fish and chips. The same goes for ribeye or new york steak or BBQ or any other food I can have at 10 places in a 5 mile radius of my house.

pop&fresh

radius

Post by pop&fresh » Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:34 am

do you have any mexicans living in chatanooga?

is there a greek restauraunt

each person has a desire or a craving for food whatever there choice is it is theres thats the beauty of the old famous monty

door 1 door 2 door 3

ill take 3 please with a tube of lipstick

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:40 am

Quote:
Sorry, but I just don't grasp the consept of travelling 2-3 thousand miles to a different country and having fish and chips. The same goes for ribeye or new york steak or BBQ or any other food I can have at 10 places in a 5 mile radius of my house.

:)

I can answer the question...
I have Colitis ...very limited to as to what I can eat..No dairy No beef.. not a lot of pork..not a lot of spicey food..Never food from a food stand or vendor...
I do well on Seafood..We go AI . I prefer it that way as I am close to ..home :) if I get an attack...
At times it is a nice change to be able to have a meal out..
A lot of the Mexican foods are very spicey and my tummy can not tolerate it..

Fishnchips is a meal I can eat and I enjoy it a lot.....simple as that... :)

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Tennessee Tasties

Post by smitty » Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:23 pm

Ok , lets change the original question to suit TNbear's tastes . Where is the best place in PV to get finches and chimps ? Image

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Re: Tennessee Tasties

Post by katnsocal » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:21 pm

smitty wrote:Ok , lets change the original question to suit TNbear's tastes . Where is the best place in PV to get finches and chimps ? Image
I would try the mountains?

chi-mike
PV Guru
PV Guru

Re: radius

Post by chi-mike » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:15 pm

[quote="pop&fresh"]do you have any mexicans living in chatanooga?

I used to drive from chicago to ashville n.c each year with a stop over in gatlinberg tn. we once ate at a mexican restaurant in gatlinberg and all the employees were chinese.I remember the food being pretty good,but they give us fortune cookies in spanish. (only kidding about the cookies)

TNbear
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by TNbear » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:27 am

There are many Mexican/Latino people living in this area, and some of them operate excellent restaurants which I frequent.
As for the need to eat seafood for health reasons, I ate seafood of various sorts for the vast majority of my meals in PV and never once had fish and chips. Nor were all these dishes particularly piquante. Some were just as smooth as a babys' butt and not fried in who knows what kind of grease.
As for finchs and chimps, what have you been smoking? I sure don't want any of it.

TNbear
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by TNbear » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:34 am

Oh yeah, there are a couple of what call themselves Greek restaurants here, but I pass them by. However in Atlanta (a 2 hour drive) there is an absolute killer place named Kyma which has Greek food that will just knock your socks off. Wood grilled whole fish to die for and an atmosphere which never quits.

memyselfandi

Craving or assurity

Post by memyselfandi » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:57 pm

Whenever I go for fish & chips in PV I always, without a doubt head to Joe's.
I wouldn't even pass go to get 200 to miss this place.
Judging by past comments and remarks, I think you caught them on a bad day.
It's unfortunate the stares. Give it another try, you just might like it.

fantasm

Ann
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Ann » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:14 am

We went to Joe's last winter and the food was fantastic.