Bruce's Back Alley BIstro

Tips, comments and questions on restaurants, bars, cafés, budget food and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

zaksam321
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
Bruce's Back Alley BIstro

Post by zaksam321 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:00 pm

Just wanted to give a props to Bruce's Back Alley Bistro. This place was our absolute favorite this year among other greats such as Barcelona Tapas, Pipis, Andales, and several others. It was so good we had to go back a second time on our last night there.

Bruce is an excellent host and happily caters to even the most spoiled and finicky diners. He was great with my kids and even pleased my ex military dad who tends to demand great service and can be very hard to please.

To sum it up

Great food + Great service + Great setting = Great experience

Since a picture is worth a thousand words ......

Shot with EX-S600 at 2007-07-17

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:44 pm

zaksam321 Your photos are very nice...
Thanks for sharing with us... :)
The little ladies are very pretty with their braided hair and giggles on their faces..
The food does look yummy..
I really like the chunky table and chair set..
Perfect for a family dinner out...

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:15 pm

Nice pictures... sure is nice to see that you had a good time, and appeared to have enjoyed your meal. Thanks for the post.

The correct term for Bruce is 'Hoser', not hose.... and did you know that you had a tree growing out of your meat?

If you don't mind responding with a personal answer as to cost: I figured that whole meal must have cost at least $ 50- $75 , but the wife thinks it's more than likely a $ 100 or better. Just comparing what you would pay for something like that down there, verses what we would here in Canada.

winterpegman

Post by winterpegman » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:24 am

His prices are comparable to ours here Ron. But when you factor in his shipping costs etc. It's arguably a better deal there (if mark-up matters to you).

(Shameless plug...but not intended that way)

spud
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

and I just finish eating.

Post by spud » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:20 am

What a lovely looking bunch of meals.

Roland, my wife and I reckon these meals would cost around $ 180 Can ( at least ) where we live just outside Vancouver.

I would be very interested in what the meal cost.

In my town an 8 ounce of top Sirloin costs $ 16 Can !! about 165 Pesos.

Lobster and Fillet Mignon are outside my price range lol.

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:59 pm

very nice... great looking pics that is for sure... the night we were there we had the pork chop dinner and the ribeye dinner, dessert and two or three beers each, and we got out of there just under $100 USD with tip...

and that included entertainment from Bruce needing a quick drink from winterpegman's rum and coke... and forgetting to put garlic in the garlic mashed potatoes... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: 8)

zaksam321
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by zaksam321 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:46 pm

To answer one of the posters questions the prices are very reasonable for what we got. The steak plates were $20-$25, the pasta plates were about $15 and the lobster was $38.

As you can see though the lobster dinner was two medium sized tails. The texture on lobster was awesome. No mushy lobsters at this place.

For that kind of meal in Dallas we would be looking at $50 a plate easy and probably $75 for the lobster.

chico98
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by chico98 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:39 pm

EDIT - Post deleted by request.