Restaurants in Bucerias

Tips, comments and questions on restaurants, bars, cafés, budget food and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

lyrihn
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
Location:Higuera Blanca / El Tizate / La Cruz de Huanacaxtle

Post by lyrihn » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:59 pm

While many people love Meson Bay, I have had very very bad experiences there on several occasions including bad and rude service, being overcharged and getting deathy ill after eating there. So I cannot recommend it. And you could not pay me to try it again.

Marks is very nice but service and food quality in my experience is spotty - at times exceptional and at times not so good. I hate being disappointed when I go out so I do not go there very often.

Andriatico's across from Marks is apallingly expensive for some unknown reason. I found the food to be average. But i went when it was first opened and so perhaps it has improved.

I love Sandrina's just down the street from him. My favorite dish there is Pasta Girades Saganaki (brandy, goat cheese, cream, hearts of palm, shrimp). Pasta Athena and Spinach Pies are other favorites.

I really enjoy Karen's for breakfast - beautiful open space right on the ocean. Try karen's Eggs Benedict. You can eat and the take a great stroll on the sandy beach. The dinners are excellent as well.

The best hamburgers are now at The Twisted Rose which is on the main entry. They are open from 2 pm until 2 am. Choose from traditional to gourmet (fish and shrimp burgers also avaialble). You will not find a better burger in Bucerias and you have to love the hours. Last night I stopped by for a drink and they told me a large group went there at 11 am and convinced the owner hugh to open early and make the burgers personally (he was having coffee in his boxer shorts). :shock:

Punta de Mita is not very close to bucerias and I personally feel that the restaurants there are no better value so I rarely go there for dinner. However, the new cafe de artsist is quite nice there and worth the trip for a special night.

You should try a couple restaurants in La Cruz which is very close to bucerias (3 minutes by cab)

La Cascada has great food and prices (international cuisine, thai, italian, seafood, steak). Check out the waterfall in the garden. And dont forget the chocolate cheese cake (best cheese cake anywhere in the bay). The thai coconut shrimp and chicken parmasian are also noteworthy, as is the Mongolian beef and Shephards Pie.

Black Forest also offers great food with a german flair and exceptional value. Perfect for the family and everthing chef winfred makes is very good. Exceptionally friendly. The Snitzel, Goulash and and fresh fish are my favorites.

Frascatti offers a wide variety of italian food, excellent italian style pizza, fish, steak, pasta -- great to people watch. Huge wine list, the pear salad and Seafood Pizza are my favorites. Everone also raves about the ribeye steat. I personally stay away from their pasta dishes because they are just OK not great - im italian so maybe im being harsh.

Anyway - just my personal opinions

Kleindawg
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Kleindawg » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:33 pm

Thank you very much for the reply. It is very helpful.

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:52 pm

lyrihn very good Restaurant reviews..
Have saved it in my fav's.. :)

jrgfallbrook
PV Fan
PV Fan

LeFort

Post by jrgfallbrook » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:10 pm

:D I would recommend Le Fort. We have been there many times. Most of the time taking our guests there with confidence that it will be a great experience. Margarita and Gille LeFort are wonderful to deal with. When you consider that the three course meal includes champagne, and appetizers along with wine poured during dinner the price is modest at around $50.00 per person.