Teatro Limon

Tips, comments and questions on restaurants, bars, cafés, budget food and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

winterpegman

Post by winterpegman » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:27 pm

Chico - Read this again, and tell me how/why you could possibly need "clarification"?
We all had the chef's special, which included a salad, a huge plate of jumbo shrimp, a stuffed crab each, our main course and a dessert for $40.00 each.
Do you honestly think anyone (other than yourself I guess) had trouble knowing it was dollars, and not pesos?

chico98
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by chico98 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:32 pm

AMEN

tojol57

a GREAT experience

Post by tojol57 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:44 pm

What a way to end a vacation than to dine with friends.... yes my friends... We dined with Bruce on Feb 21st.. and let the Chef take care of you menu is FANTASTIC....

We got our table, ordered an excellent bottle of Chardonnay from Chile (and acutally drank two thru out the evening)... Chef Bruce was busy away in the kitchen which you are sitting in as well... HA HA HA... comes out from behind the stove, clangs on a glass for everybodys attention... there was a table of 8, a table of 12 or more, a two tables of 4 and us a table of three that night... He proudly annouces he has two special friend dining with him that night, and would Sandy and Tom please stand up... and there was Darryl's wife Sandy and friends over at another table... old times remembered and shared....

we had the five course dinner selected by Bruce... and i have to tell you this right now... IT WAS FANTASTIC... Bruce is in his world of cooking and theartrics.... this is a dinner show people... when he delivers a portion of your meal he gives you a quick over on what he brought to the table and the sauce he prepared... UNBELIEVABE.... Bruce also got my wife to have the Filet Mignon - prepared Medium - and SHE ATE IT... her family is a "well done" family and she loved it.... I had the rack of lamb, and Bruce taught me a valuable lesson that night... he called me up to the kitchen and had me "sample" one of the ribs he was preparing... my mouth EXPLODED with so many flavors... then when he delivered my order of lamb, he came over after i had devoured two of the racks... and asked me which was better, the ones i was dining on or the on i sampled... told him both were great, but the sample was better... it was Medium RARE and i ordered Medium.... OMG what a difference....

i could go on and on and on and on... but i need to keep moving here....

to Bruce: dropped off the information to GCP Guest Relations Manager Myrna as well as the Food and Beverage Manger Senor Pobadilla... they will be in touch...

We all had a great time my friend... Thank you for a FANTASTIC dining experience... see you soon... keep up the good work.... more later....

teatrolimon
PV Guru
PV Guru

RACK

Post by teatrolimon » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:29 pm

was kinda funny watching toms eyes roam over the filet mignon i was cooking as well

glad to have you drop by tom
it was also nice to have sandy drop by

i think she got me to hammered to function the next day

bruce

tojol57

Filet Mignon

Post by tojol57 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:33 pm

Yes it was funny watching bruce prepare this succulant piece of meat... it was so good when he brought it to lorrie... and that mole sause was to die for... i went back to your website bruce and printed off the menu for that evening before you changed it too much ... Wished we could have stayed longer with you, Julia and Sandy as well, but by the sounds of it, it would have been a late late night and Mr and Mrs Crowns Presence was needed else where that evening... as well as the next morning. ha ha ha...

Ozark American
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Ozark American » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:37 pm

Bruce:

What are your hours? Are you open 7 days/week? Do we need to make reservations? Are you within walking distance from GCP? From the map on your website it looks fairly close.

lojol60
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by lojol60 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:40 am

Ozark American: Tom y I walked to Bruce's place one day. It is about a 20 minute walk from the resort. When we went to dine, we took a taxi from the GCP. We left some cards at the bellmen's desk so they should be able to direct the taxi cab driver. It is right behind San Javier Hospital about 6 - 8 blocks up. When we got ready to leave, they were kind enough to call a taxi for us so it worked out great! I believe Bruce opens at 5:00 pm and is closed Sunday and Monday. It was definitely well worth the experience!! I will be working on our trip report and will be sure to include our experience. Bruce has definitely found his forte!! I would highly recommend it!!

teatrolimon
PV Guru
PV Guru

call

Post by teatrolimon » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:10 pm

just call us and well assist in the direction if it is really neccesary

bruce

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Post by kcowan » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:41 pm

Four of us went there last night. We were blown away by the excellent food. The salad would have been enough for two as the main. Then the spiced goat cheese was served to my wife while we three ate some of the biggest shrimp we have been served in PV - 3 each. The duck, lamb and beef were all amazing and others were getting fish dishes which my DW prefers to avoid.

We had a wonderful merlot to complement the meal, and the servers were attentive and professional. Bruce and his wife were charming as well, making the whole experience well worth the trip. Call for resevations at 225-2606.

We took the Ixtapa bus from old town and got off at the San Javier hospital. The walk in was about 10 minutes taking care to navigate the cobblestones while admiring all the neat Casitas along the way.

modmama
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by modmama » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:47 pm

Is there anything vegetarian on the menu at TeatroLimon? My DH doesn't eat fish, seafood, meat of any kind. :roll:

teatrolimon
PV Guru
PV Guru

total vegan

Post by teatrolimon » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:31 pm

lets be honest here
1 im famous for my meat
2im quite accomodating
so!

tell me what this person likes to eat

bruce