Mestizo restaurant

Tips, comments and questions on restaurants, bars, cafés, budget food and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

travelbug_jp
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by travelbug_jp » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:21 pm

If this post is actually going to come up or not I don't know, I tried several times yesterday to answer but I kept getting a you can't post another message so soon after the previous one message or something like that. Strange since I hadn't posted anything else but hey, just a glitch somewhere I presume.

Anyway about the restaurant.
We had dinner at Mestizo last year and while I can't remember what everyone choose I do remember that the lamb melted in my mouth and the stuffed chicken breast was amazing. The also offered wine sampling to assist you in making your choice. The service, food and ambience were awesome. I think you would not be disappointed if you go here for your special occasion dinner.

Joyce

kingofmen
PV Fan
PV Fan

Mestizo restaurant

Post by kingofmen » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:05 pm

Has anyone been to" Mestizo" on Abasolo 233. Menu looks interesting we are considering it for a special occasion dinner on our next trip down in 3 weeks. Your comments would be apreciated.
Thanks

kingofmen
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by kingofmen » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:52 pm

Thanks Joyce,
I think we will try it. There web site and menu look good. I've hit most of the mid to high end places over the years since my wife and I are both retired chefs we usually eat at the smaller mom and pop type operations you can't beat the local flavours, and the glitz really doesn't do much for me.
Bob