Restaurant Recommendation/Mexican Seafood & View

Tips, comments and questions on restaurants, bars, cafés, budget food and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

JMBJHB
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Restaurant Recommendation/Mexican Seafood & View

Post by JMBJHB » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:05 pm

My wife and I will be in PV in June. We are looking for restaurant recommendations for places that: (1) Have good mexican style seafood, and (2) Ocean view. We went to Las Palmas 2 years ago and loved it. We are not looking for fancy/expensive, but still a bit higher than medium. THANKS, in advance, for your help. p.s. We are staying in the Marina area. :?:

pvgemini
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by pvgemini » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:48 pm

One of my favorite restaurants is a Spanish tapas place, as opposed to Mexican, but the menu is fabulous (you can look at it online), and since the plates are small, you can order alot of things to try and share.

The atmosphere is upscale but it is not expensive, just moderate, and the view is gorgeous. It is just off the northern end of the Malecon, off of Calle 31 de Octubre, up the hill. Service is excellent.

Barcelona Tapas is the name. It is a "must" for me each time I travel to PV. Unique and special.

res2680
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by res2680 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:23 pm

My wife and I and family have been to PV 6 or 7 years now. Our favorites are Ay Caramba (Downtown), the view is nice and food is great. Or a short cab ride up the hills to Carmelitas. The view is absolutely unbelievable. We always hit Burros Bar on the beach when we are downtown shopping. Break for lunch and a few Corona or Indio cerveza.

load_warrior1
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

seafood

Post by load_warrior1 » Mon May 18, 2009 7:57 pm

I had the best whole red snapper ever at Joe Jack's Fish Shack on Basillo Badillo last week. Good amount of seasoning, tons of roasted garlic, lime juice - just great

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Re: Restaurant Recommendation/Mexican Seafood & View

Post by ellen » Tue May 19, 2009 1:45 am

JMBJHB wrote:My wife and I will be in PV in June. We are looking for restaurant recommendations for places that: (1) Have good mexican style seafood, and (2) Ocean view. We went to Las Palmas 2 years ago and loved it. We are not looking for fancy/expensive, but still a bit higher than medium. THANKS, in advance, for your help. p.s. We are staying in the Marina area. :?:
Try El Barracuda, right on the ocean just south of Hotel Buenaventura. I've had 2 different seafood dinners there and enjoyed them both very much. The prices and atmosphere are both very good and the view is A-1.

teatrolimon
PV Guru
PV Guru

seafood on abudget

Post by teatrolimon » Tue May 19, 2009 2:23 am

i will second el baracuda simply because it is a refreshing and breazy open aired place with , once again frsh fish
try the panko crusted tilapia just awesome

bruce

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Tue May 19, 2009 4:44 am

Try Mariscos Tinos new location on the malecon. Great authentic seafood and a top notch crew running the restaurant. They just moved from Pitillal and have been a favorite of tourists and locals alike for years.

pat
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by pat » Fri May 29, 2009 1:03 am

We ate at Mar Azul on the beach on the south side in early May. It is south of Burros' and next to Daquiri Dicks. The shrimp was wonderful as was the calamari appetizer. The best calamari I have ever had (not tough). Very nice place, with big waves crashing and good live music. Not cheap, but fairly moderately priced for the location, food, service, etc.

teatrolimon
PV Guru
PV Guru

?

Post by teatrolimon » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:47 am

im sory

but i have a question for kat!

kat when where you last in town?

teatrolimon
PV Guru
PV Guru

000ps

Post by teatrolimon » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:49 am

and just to clarify
}
my question is not to argue!

im kinda like blocked!

howard_jax
PV Master
PV Master

Post by howard_jax » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:50 am

Kat was in PV in late October/Early November. Hopefully her plans will call for the same, this year.

TNbear
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by TNbear » Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:15 am

Go to Bucerias and eat at the El Brujo location there, or at Mar y Sol towards the square from El Brujo. Both have great food, the ceviche at El Brujo is awesome and the cocktiel de camarones at Mar y Sol is not to be missed. Both are right on the bay.