How about oysters ?

Tips, comments and questions on restaurants, bars, cafés, budget food and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

2ndchance
PV Fan
PV Fan
How about oysters ?

Post by 2ndchance » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:18 am

We are reading almost everything we can in our anticipation of our first PV vacation coming up in June.We love all seafood and have seen a lot of fish and shrimp places mentioned,but no oysters.In Huatulco there is a vendor on the beach that brings up fresh oysters straight from the sea and serves them to you right there on the rocks along with sauce and lime.You can't get oysters fresher than that and with a cold beer it is truly paradise.Is there anything like this available in PV ? :) :) :)

michelle/tyler
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by michelle/tyler » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:42 am

Yes there is a guy who walks up and down the beach his name is johnny and you won't miss him he is so funny and nice and has a radio voice so there is no missing him.He is always there in Jan. but I am not sure about June.He is on Los Muertos beach.

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Post by kcowan » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:27 pm

Johnney is still there with his plates of oysters.

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:24 pm

I found the oysters in Mazatlan to be a lot more reliable although the taste was the same... last time we were in PV (January) I ordered a dozen with lime and tabasco sauce and only four worked. :lol:

2ndchance
PV Fan
PV Fan

How about oysters ?

Post by 2ndchance » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:03 pm

As usual you guys had the answer,i knew i could count on all of you . We are planning to enjoy all the seafood available and of course we will be looking for Johnny.We are counting the days to be in paradise and with all the help and information we get from this forum, we are sure the only surprises we get will be good ones. Thanks :!: :D :D

TNbear
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by TNbear » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:07 am

We had some great oysters last October in Bucerias. Little place on the Avenida Pacifico across the street from Mar y Sol.

mexico-mvt
PV Fan
PV Fan

Re: How about oysters ?

Post by mexico-mvt » Tue May 05, 2009 7:52 am

2ndchance wrote:We are reading almost everything we can in our anticipation of our first PV vacation coming up in June.We love all seafood and have seen a lot of fish and shrimp places mentioned,but no oysters.In Huatulco there is a vendor on the beach that brings up fresh oysters straight from the sea and serves them to you right there on the rocks along with sauce and lime.You can't get oysters fresher than that and with a cold beer it is truly paradise.Is there anything like this available in PV ? :) :) :)
My mouth is watering with envy. Is this for real? Are they cheap?

2ndchance
PV Fan
PV Fan

How about oysters ?

Post by 2ndchance » Sun May 10, 2009 4:12 am

Thanks TNbear,will go to Bucerias and try them out. As for the Oysters in Huatulco Mexico-mvt,it is for real and very cheap. Last time i was there they were about $5.00 US per dozen.
:D :D

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Sun May 10, 2009 6:32 am

The biggest and best Oysters in the area come from Tehuanixtle but it is a long way to go just for Oysters. There is a restaurant (a little local place) that has Oysters from Tehuanixtle. If you go towards Nayarit right before the check-point crossing the bridge to Nayarit, you will see a place you can make a left and go down a dirt road past some industrial bldgs.
Make a right and it is right in that area (you will know when you find it, they have Oysters from Tehuanixtle painted all over the side of the bldg). If you follow that dirt road you will eventually come to Boca de Tomates. The best places are usually the hidden gems no one knows about. :D

howardandjoy
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

jonny

Post by howardandjoy » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:11 am

when i am in vallarta
i always have oysters from jonny in the morning

i have never been disappointed at all

i do not know if he is there in june but always in november