Mariscos Tino's

Tips, comments and questions on restaurants, bars, cafés, budget food and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle
Mariscos Tino's

Post by katnsocal » Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:50 am

Went for dinner at their new location on the malecon and the food, service and atmosphere were great as usual. For those who still want to experience the Pitillal atmosphere they will be re-opening that location in December. I think this will fit the bill as the best of both worlds, they had a great local following in Pitillal but many of the tourists felt it was too far out of the way, this way they will have their malecon location for the local tourist population and their Pitillal location for the local customers and the tourists that like a more local ambiance.

benito
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by benito » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:12 am

what's the location in pitillal?

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:26 pm

The location in Pitillal is their original location. It is currently closed but is supposed to be reopening sometime in December, I am not sure of the date but if you really want to go to the one in Pitillal I can find out when exactly they plan to open.

cabron
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by cabron » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:01 pm

The original location is the corner of Avenida and Revolución in Pitillal

Seegar
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Mariscos Tino's

Post by Seegar » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:06 am

Is Mariscos Tino's a bar, restaurant or cafe and what kind of food are they known for and where on the malecon are they?been about 18 months since visiting PV and don't remember seeing it. We will be there over New Years and looking for a good place to eat before the festivities.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:53 am

They just relocated from to the malecon location this past summer which is why you don't remember seeing them. They are located at the beginning of the malecon just north of Small Vallarta Plaza, basically where the buses turn the corner when they are southbound from the hotel zone. There is a timeshare tequila tasting store right on that corner then the entrance to Tino's. They greet you at the door and take you upstairs to your table. They are very well known for excellent Seafood and have been in the PV area for years. They have several different restaurants located around the Bay of Banderas from Punta de Mita to El Tuito. Check out their website for menus and more information.

http://www.tinosvallarta.com/

Seegar
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Seegar » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:34 am

Thank You-Menu looks wonderful. We will definitly give it a try.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:54 pm

Seegar,
Wherever you go on NYE you are going to need reservations, every place is packed full.

Seegar
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Seegar » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:34 am

Thanks for the heads up. We arrive the day before New Years eve, do you think that is to late to make reservations?

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:31 am

Seegar wrote:Thanks for the heads up. We arrive the day before New Years eve, do you think that is to late to make reservations?
No, not too late for most places. The restaurants are hurting and you should be able to find places to go with no big problem. Not everyplace will be like that, though, so you're taking your chances.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:14 am

I would definitely call the day you get into town. I did speak with someone associated with the restaurant yesterday and they recommeded reservations for that night.

oneistwo
PV Guru
PV Guru

A great dinner spoiled

Post by oneistwo » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:24 pm

Kat: Glad you enjoyed the new Tino´s. We were there last night and the food and service were excellent. But that Ah this is great feeling went out the window when the nice young lady who came over and chatted with us and who we thought was management turned out to be a pusher for Grand Mayan timeshares. Later today or tomorrow we´ll go into more detail.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:36 pm

Kat: Glad you enjoyed the new Tino´s. We were there last night and the food and service were excellent. But that Ah this is great feeling went out the window when the nice young lady who came over and chatted with us and who we thought was management turned out to be a pusher for Grand Mayan timeshares. Later today or tomorrow we´ll go into more detail.
You guys sure have lousy luck with restaurants, LOL. I can't wait to hear your story....I know what you mean about having people bother you at dinner. I can't tell you how many times I have eaten there and never had anyone approach me for timeshare...not a good thing and I will make sure the info gets passed on.

I do have a funny story about being approached by a timeshare person one evening in another restaurant. My partner and I were eating at a place geared more toward locals but it was summer and there were alot of Mexicans vacationing in PV. This lady walks up to our table and starts speaking in Spanish asking if we wanted to go on a boat tour. My partner said to her, I am "the" boat captain and she took off like someone had lit a firecracker underneath her and we never saw her again. We laughed throughout our entire dinner about how fast she left. She obviously was selling a tour she wasn't authorized to sell. My partner said to me "Hey I am the boat captain, just not that boat". :lol:

thisisthis
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by thisisthis » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:23 pm

not too much to add to hubby oneistwo´s description of our tino´s experience. except beware of Marianna if she approaches your table. on our way out i did tell her that she should know her name would be all over the internet and my mentioning the experience would not be a good thing for tino´s. i think she was caught off guard with that comment and only said, feigning a smile, ¨"oh good, i will be famous!" i said yes you will be famous, and she replied "you will be too¨" whatever that ws supposed to mean.

b8sehead
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by b8sehead » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:23 pm

does anyone know if the pitillal location is open or has it been permanently closed?i look on their website and there is no mention of it being closed, but I read somewhere it has shut down

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:00 am

It is closed and moved to the Malecon. There was some talk about re-openiing the Pitillal location but it hasn't happened yet.

As far as the TS issue in the Malecon location. Tino was not aware of the situation (his son manages that location and managed the Pitillal location for several years before they moved). I don't know what the outcome was but he was going to look into it.