juanitos in ixtapa?

Tips, comments and questions on restaurants, bars, cafés, budget food and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

chi-mike
PV Guru
PV Guru
juanitos in ixtapa?

Post by chi-mike » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:45 pm

I will have a car for 3 days during my next visit to puerto vallarta. if you've read my past posts you know I like to visit out of the way restaurants. juanitos is a breakfast only restaurant in ixtapa, but I can't find any info on it. location,reviews etc. I also plan to check out gueros palancas in desembocada. it's past the town of ixtapa on the mascota river. live music on sundays??. any info would be appreciated.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:13 am

Haven't been to Juanito's but I have been to Gueros Palancas in Desembocada. Expect to be the only gringo in the place. If you get the chance check out the shrimp traps up river from the restaurant.

chi-mike
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by chi-mike » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:29 pm

being the only gringo would not be a problem. I have been to mauricios on the same highway. could you tell me how gueros palancas compares. I am also considering el coleguitas on the same road. any coments would be appreciated.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:45 pm

El Coleguitas is on par with Mauricio's. Gueros Palancas has the same local feel that Mauricio's have but I see more tourists in Mauricio's. Being the only gringa in a restaurant never bothers me either.

sparky
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by sparky » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:52 am

katnsocal wrote:El Coleguitas is on par with Mauricio's. Gueros Palancas has the same local feel that Mauricio's have but I see more tourists in Mauricio's. Being the only gringa in a restaurant never bothers me either.
How are those three compare Price wise? and Food quality and quantity?

is there any other restaurants that are more set back like the style Mauricio's was 10 years ago ?

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:32 am

I think Mauricios and El Coleguita are comparable in quality and price. Sorry I didn't go to Maurico's 10 years ago, alot of other local places but I didn't start going to Mauricio's until we got such lousy Isla Marias while I was waiting to leave the airport to go home that we left and drove out to Mauricio's. We have been back a couple of times since then. Tino's is still my favorite Seafood restaurant.

sparky
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by sparky » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:28 pm

katnsocal wrote:..... Gueros Palancas in Desembocada. Expect to be the only gringo in the place. If you get the chance check out the shrimp traps up river from the restaurant.
How is that place compare to mauricios?

I am coming to PV next Thursday so need to pre plan where to go for supper

Thanks for your replies

sparky
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by sparky » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:54 pm

Hi I am coming to PV again soon and would like to visit Gueros Palancas in Desembocada i read about that place on this board. Is it still in operation ? Any revives ? How is the pricing ?

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:33 am

I didn't go to Desembocada in Nov. because of all the road construction and damage from the massive rainfall the PV area had during the rainy season. I don't know if Gueros Palancas is still there or not because it was sitting right near the edge of the river and with the flooding and bridges being swept away, I have a feeling that the restaurant could not have made it through those storms. I will try to find out if it is still there or has been rebuilt.

sparky
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by sparky » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:29 pm

Thanks in advance, that would be very nice. I am coming to PV on the 7th