Tequila 7 Leguas Anego

Tips, comments and questions on restaurants, bars, cafés, budget food and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master
Tequila 7 Leguas Anego

Post by chrisnick » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:47 pm

Anyone know where I can pick up this tequila? Supposed to get this particular one for a friend and she said she only found it in Bucerias but I figure PV must have it.

100% Agava, horse on the bottom of the bottle.

How much is it??

oneistwo
PV Guru
PV Guru

La Playa

Post by oneistwo » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:02 pm

Not familiar with that brand but there's a La Playa liquor store on I think Olas Altas. It's smaller than the one in the Hotel Zone -- which has a substantial selection of tequilas -- but it's worth a shot. If it's a popular brand there's a chance they might have it in the grocery store (Although the Soriana we go to doesn't have much in the way of anejos).

pvgemini
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by pvgemini » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:06 pm

There is a website and you can send them an email directly and ask.

http://www.tequilasieteleguas.com.mx/english/home.html

Looks like it has been around for a long time, so you should be able to find it in PV.

Have a great trip. I'm sooooo jealous!! Don't forget to ask for the fashion show at Olla.

Sally

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:58 pm

Thanks - did that. We'll see if they respond.

Fashion show at Olla's....I better not forget that!

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Priorities

Post by smitty » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:18 pm

Chris - fashion show first then tequila ... or whatever... and more tequila ! :)

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:28 pm

Oh I'm sure there will be impromptu fashion shows. My 23 year old daughter is joining us for the first week. Mother/daughter duo. Have already had one friend we see in Puerto Vallarta mention he will be buying the tequila and watching the evening unfold...

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Chris In PV

Post by smitty » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:47 pm

You and your friends sure know how to have fun . Your daughter better be taking notes ! :)

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:59 pm

Yes we do!! People have said to my daughter that now she gets to see her Mom let her hair down. She is quick to tell them that I don't save it for vacation! I'm the "crazy lady" dancing to the latin music in the campground or planning a "dress up" party for someones birthday, anniversary or "just because"!! Do believe we are having a hawaiin night in PV!

pvgemini
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by pvgemini » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:27 pm

That reminds me about your theme night. I did not come up with other ideas, but as soon as I told my 17 yo daughter about your animal print idea, she said, "Yeah, Jungle Fever Night!!!"

That would be a good one, but it sounds like you're going with the Hawaiian theme---- "Aloha Spirit Night"

Be sure to teach your daughter the Golden Rule: "What happens in PV stays in PV." Such a great rule!!!

Sally

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:30 pm

Trust me..that has been discussed and at 23 she understands that rule! Some pics are best looked at and deleted immediately after!

We were going to do the jungle fever thing but that didn't work out. Have also thought of a "wear what you buy in PV" night with a $$ limit on what you spend....

We have 4 young friends coming into town one night and we thought we would "lei" them.

pvgemini
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by pvgemini » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:28 pm

LOL!! Leis and whistles, I can see it now........

Good idea of "what you buy in PV" night. There are some really cute shops there, but I don't have enough patience to shop and esp to try stuff on when I could be lying on the beach, dancing, or eating!!

Make sure to check out Cheeky Monkey; I love their salads; all good.

Also at night, for a more relaxed, quiet evening, Cafe Candela is really cool; lots of candlelight, cozy spaces for sitting.

Sally

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:41 pm

When I'm talking "wear what you buy" I'm thinking more on the lines of stuff thats cheap on the beach! I hate shopping!!!

Love Cheeky Monkey. Don't remember what we ate there but the margaritas and beer were cheap!

Wow...we got way off topic here...Oh well. I started the thread!

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:20 pm

Apparently I can get this tequila at Super La Play (6 stores in PV). Now I just have to find out where those stores are! I emailed the company and they sent a quick response! Nice!!!

Warm up please!!!

pvgemini
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by pvgemini » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:26 pm

There is one at 246 Olas Altas.

Super La Playa has a website and it is mostly in Spanish even when you ask for translation, but you can see the 6 locations in PV there.

Sally

chi-mike
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by chi-mike » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:44 am

left pv yesterday and I saw 7 Leguas Tequila for sale at the duty free shop at the airport.don't remember if it was anejo.

pvgemini
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by pvgemini » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:16 am

The bottles and labels are very similar for the anejo and reposado, but I would buy either!!!!!! I'm sure they're all good!

Sally

oneistwo
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by oneistwo » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:10 pm

I second that, getting either. In a couple of showdowns between anejos and resposados, I've chosen the resposado. Of course this warrants further research :-)

This reminds me, we're getting a foot of snow tonight so it might be time to open that second bottle of Casa Noble resposado we bought a couple years ago. Drink it like good whiskey: an ice cube in a glass, just enough tequila to float the cube.....

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:38 pm

I hae usually bought the resposado for myself. I like it neat, room temperature. Of course somethings that means it comes in a small narrow glass....

Something I didn't think of was asking for a better tequila in the margaritas they make. Maybe thats why I think the margaritas I make at home are often better then the ones in Mexico....

I will start my research next Friday and try and remember....which could be tough...which one I like the best!

pvgemini
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by pvgemini » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:25 pm

Calling your tequila can be expensive, so you might want to ask the "normal" price of a margarita and then the new price when you want Cazadores (or whatever) in your drink. Proabably you'll spoil yourself and never be able to go back to the cheap margaritas!!!

What kills me is when people order some expensive tequila and then pound it quickly as a shot. What a waste!!

Sally

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:33 pm

I like it fast and I like it slow..lol...seems to me the morning after doesn't hurt as much when you drink the good stuff!

You're right about the margaritas though...maybe I should keep drinking the cheap ones.