No Way Jose

Tips, comments and questions on restaurants, bars, cafés, budget food and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

pvgemini
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
No Way Jose

Post by pvgemini » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:30 pm

Just returned from PV where we ate at No Way Jose, a new restaurant that has already been recommended on this website. Just wanted to confirm that it is great!! Interesting drinks--- we tried the pomegranate margarita--- tasty! We had the Caesar salad which is made tableside. Very yummy and fun! Warning: he does put raw egg yolks in the dressing. Nobody got sick.

My son had these enormous coconut prawns, which were very good but different from the ones you get in the US--- must be the coconut is different or perhaps the cooking technique, or both.

My husband had a mahi mahi fish special, which contained scallops and crab and prawns as well. Very good. I had the chiles en nogada stuffed with shrimp; these are excellent!! Rich. Signature dish.

My daughter had a chicken dish which I know was good since her plate was completely clean at the end of the meal. They welcome you warmly, and the waiters are very professional.

On another note, do not miss Marisma fish taco stand for lunch. It is on Naranjo street near Basilio Badillo. Worth the walk!! We absolutely love the fish tacos, shrimp tacos, and ceviche tostadas. The pico de gallo and avocado sauce are wonderful! A bunch of nice young women run this place. There is also one in the marina. Such a bargain!!

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Post by kcowan » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:01 pm

Agreed and agreed! No Way Jose is wonderful, professional and competitive. Chilis en Nogada with shrimp! I loved them! And with beef are 30 pesos cheaper (110p).

The taco stand is on the east side of Basilio Badillo. You can also sit on the veranda of the family home. They also have squid tacos.

warmweathermark
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by warmweathermark » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:31 am

"On another note, do not miss Marisma fish taco stand for lunch. It is on Naranjo street near Basilio Badillo."

The good PR has helped this place as the prices just went up.

I paid 100 pesos for a shrimp burrito. It was big but 100 pesos is a bit much for a taco stand.

A decent place but others are better.

I ordered it while driving by looking for a place to park or I would have went elsewhere. I didn't see the price increase till after I got it.

pvgemini
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by pvgemini » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:09 pm

At Marisma, I stick with the fish tacos and shrimp tacos, which are fabulous and 13 pesos each. The ceviche tostadas are tasty too and only 8 pesos.

One day I had two fish tacos and was full.

One day I had a fish taco, a shrimp taco, and a ceviche tostada, and I left there feeling quite happy!! $3 for lunch!! OK, $4 with the beer that I bought at the corner store.

What makes Marisma the best, in my opinion, is that they are making and griddling the corn tortillas right in front of you, literally just before you eat them, and the salsas are wonderful, esp the green sauce (avocado), which I have never seen at any other taco stand. They could put more cabbage on their tacos, but that is my only advice.

Sally