question about mexican foods.

Tips, comments and questions on restaurants, bars, cafés, budget food and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

vaapeli
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
question about mexican foods.

Post by vaapeli » Wed May 05, 2010 11:33 am

hola
ok so iam from the arctic skandinavia and i have never eaten mexican food ever so if some one goud tell me what is what in mexico and what goes with what.
and how is it made, if there is link that you can post that woud help alot.

thanx vaapeli

SpringBreakJunky
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Mexican Food

Post by SpringBreakJunky » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:43 am

While I am not the culinary expert, I noticed you haven't got a reply to your post! So, I thought I would try and help out the best I could! (Also, if I'm wrong on anything I'm sorry, this is just what I personally know/think of the Mexican culinary style!)

Mexican food is based a lot around salsa, tortia chips/buns, and different meats and spices! Many of the dishes the are famous today are dishes that poorer families would make due to a lack of income. The most famous mexican meal would have to be the "Taco" usually a tortia shell (soft or hard shelled) rapped around a portion of beef/chicken with a spicy, kind of sauce on it... also, usually in with the meat is some cheese!

There are many different methods of the taco, or it's close relative the casadillia (sorry for all my bad spelling)... except a Cas. is usually grilled!

Of course it is hard to cover all the foods from a culture ... but those are two of the most famous... others you may here are (and forgive my spelling, I am trying to sound them out!) taquitoes, ongotas, challupas, fahita, ect.

I hope I helped in some way... also I hope i didn't make myself look like any idiot :lol: I'm sure other people on here could help explain the wonderful culinary experience you can get from Mexico

Hope it helps,
Josh