Happy Hour

Tips, comments and questions on restaurants, bars, cafés, budget food and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

lks1165
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Happy Hour

Post by lks1165 » Mon May 10, 2010 3:48 pm

Hi,
Where is your favorite place for Happy hour??

This is my first time to Puerto Vallarta, I usually do Playa Del Carmen, but wanted to try the pacific side.
Thanks

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Mon May 10, 2010 5:38 pm

Cheeky Monkey has seriously cheap drinks and beer plus a great view of the ocean and malecon! Yummmmm

Dr. J
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Favorite place for happy hour

Post by Dr. J » Mon May 10, 2010 5:47 pm

My wife and I have been to PV 3 times and love gonig to Cheeky Monkey for happy hour ($1 beers and margaritas), although this is not truely a happy hour considering these prices are all day. It is on the second floor of the building directly across the street from the sculpture of the kids on the ladder along the Malecon (the PV boardwalk). It is open air and has wonderful views of the bay and sunsets as well as being a great place to people watch. They also have pretty good prices on food as well. For a place directly on the beach where you can put your toes in the sand try Burro's bar on Los Muertos beach.

Hope this helps
Dr. J

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Mon May 10, 2010 6:30 pm

Burros Bar is great for drinks but the food is better at the Cheeky Monkey. Then again, you an always eat some shrimp/fish on a stick, nuts, fresh fruit and vegetables, chips with hot sauce and fresh squeezed lime, ice cream...mmmm the list goes on and on! Burros' Bar lends itself more to visiting with the people around you too. One year I bought 3 beach cover ups and had a good portion of the crowd helping me pick out colors...Good times!

pdxbuff
PV Guru
PV Guru

All of the beach bars have a happy hour (s)

Post by pdxbuff » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:01 am

Most are from 6-8 PM (may vary on season) and some have multiple Happy Hours. Andales is one of my favorites for breakfast due to their two'fer Bloody Marys until noon. Check around for others.