Remember Alaska's Diner? The A/C, waitresses, Roger's Cookin

Tips, comments and questions on restaurants, bars, cafés, budget food and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

MondaviResorts
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Remember Alaska's Diner? The A/C, waitresses, Roger's Cookin

Post by MondaviResorts » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:00 pm

Slow season is definitely here and our good friend Roger Wark of Alaska's Diner is feeling the pinch right now and asked me to post something in the forums.

As you may or may not know, Roger is originally from Alaska and was a former US Dept. of Health instructor for food safety.

He specializes in good American cuisine (no tortillas here) so expect chili-dogs, chili fries, rib-eye steak, and some surprises worth keeping.

Alaska's Diner is on Lazaro Cardenas about 3 blocks past the Farmacia Guadalajara as you leave the beach and open M-Sa 6pm-midnight.

Thanks for reading and not flagging.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:52 am

Slow season is definitely here and our good friend Roger Wark of Alaska's Diner is feeling the pinch right now
Right along with the rest of the businesses in town. Welcome to slow season in Vallarta, kinda like Alaska in the wintertime.

The worst is yet to come in Sept. and then things will start picking up again.

grammalil
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by grammalil » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:42 pm

Oh, wish I could be there to help out.............will never forget the shepherds pie. And I will be back in March!!

garyrbeck
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

rog

Post by garyrbeck » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:36 pm

Roger is doing a bit better now. We go there on a regular basis [5 blocks from my house], have our card punched. Love the classic food and him. He doesn't take flak. Love that, good guy!

8)