The place to get a great meal is TINOS!

Tips, comments and questions on restaurants, bars, cafés, budget food and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

gdremark
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
The place to get a great meal is TINOS!

Post by gdremark » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:39 am

Every time I have gone they have had great food at great prices.

The only draw back was the time share lady but just tell her to leave don't let it bother you.

You are right on the board walk and on the second floor, they have indoor dining or the patio over looking the street and the beach.

This is the web site, and as I have said I have no interest just a normal guy that loves great food!

(http://www.tinosvallarta.com/images/index-new.jpg)

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:44 am

18 posts in 4 days, finally a positive post and it doesn't have the "G" word in it. I guess a troll can change his spots.

How many of Tino's other restaurants have you eaten at with your vast knowledge of PV and the surrounding area? Which one do you like best?

gdremark
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by gdremark » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:31 pm

In Nuevo and the board walk, the food is great at both but I don't like Nuevo as much to stuffy. Not really being in Mexico imho.

I like going to the street taco stands the most, may not be the cleanest or most healthy but the taste is the best! I usually only go to expensive resturants 2-3 times a week and the rest are in Mexican areas. By expensive I mean a place 75% of the locals can't afford like Tino's or Isabels.

My favorite thing on the first day down is give me a few shrimp cabobs, a coco with salsa (has to be a soft center that I can use a spoon to scoop it) and a cold Pacifico and I'm more than happy!

Cat troll is uncalled for, I can find some of ur posts and say a few things.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:57 pm

Cat troll is uncalled for, I can find some of ur posts and say a few things

17 posts out of 22 in five-days since you joined this website; all about the same subject = a troll on any website.

gdremark
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by gdremark » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:18 am

kat

what does your post have to do with the subject?

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:52 am

I commented you finally posted something positive besides slamming business, websites and people in PV and I asked you what other Tino's you had eaten at since you say you have been all over PV. Let me know when you have eaten at all of their locations and then we can talk about which one you like best. I do not find La Laguna to be stuffy at all. I think the snapping turtles are fun to watch and something different than you see at any other restaurant.

gdremark
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by gdremark » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:48 pm

By stuffy I mean basically resort style not the true Mexican experience.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:31 pm

I don't find the malecon to be a true Mexican experience. Their prior location in Pitillal was much more of a local Mexican feeling. You want a real local feeling, go to the Hacienda.

gdremark
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by gdremark » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:15 pm

The hotel resturant? I stayed there oh 5-7 year ago for a couple weeks, it is pretty inside with all the arches and plants as I recall. The rooms are small as I recall also, but who stays in the room when in PV?

Also I believe on the weekends they had a band in the center and food around the sides in the court yard. You can also eat at the bar/resturant and watch the band.
I would agree about that being more Mexican but as I recall the food was nothing to write home about, but they may have improved since then.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:27 am

The hotel resturant? I stayed there oh 5-7 year ago for a couple weeks, it is pretty inside with all the arches and plants as I recall. The rooms are small as I recall also, but who stays in the room when in PV?

Also I believe on the weekends they had a band in the center and food around the sides in the court yard. You can also eat at the bar/resturant and watch the band.
I would agree about that being more Mexican but as I recall the food was nothing to write home about, but they may have improved since then.
I thought we were talking about Tino's restaurant/restaurants. You posted the link in your first post. If you read that link you will see the Hacienda Divisadero, it is outside of El Tuito. It requires a road trip but you say you have driven all over around PV so that shouldn't be a problem for you. You can't get there by bus you need a car.

aploj
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by aploj » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:01 pm

Sincerely, I believe that El Brujo is better than Tino´s. Less touristy and more "authentic" seafood. I recommend the one in Bucerias as the loation by the beach is unique. However Tino´s is not bad, just focus on the "pescado zarandeado" which is their special and they prepare extremely well

gdremark
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by gdremark » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:02 am

I didn't really care for Brujo's that much. They came out with a plate of large almost prawns to show the size but what we recieved was not that large.

As for the "pescado zarandeado" oh man it is good! It's a meal for two but you will find a way to finish it!

aploj
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by aploj » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:02 pm

The zarandeado is amazing, but the rest... Compare it to the true Marisco places, like El Coleguita, El Veneno, El Tacon de Marlin, etc (which are zero touristy) and you can have an amazing lunch for 100 pesos (and you cannot finish it).

And it´s true, El Brujo is starting to become very similar to Tino´s, their problem is their own success, and when they start to open many restaurants, to advertise and to increase prices (to cope with the increased fixed costs), and the owners are not there to monitor the operation, the result is an average place where locals tend to go less (except Tino´s Laguna, which is still a classic) because you can find better quality at cheaper prices i any of the ones listed above...

BTW, the name Mariscos El Veneno is one of the funniest you can put to a seafood restaurant: "The Poisoned Seafood"...