Restaurant reviews

Tips, comments and questions on restaurants, bars, cafés, budget food and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Mexipat
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Restaurant reviews

Post by Mexipat » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:52 am

When I was last in Vallarta four yeas ago, there was a great site for restaurant reviews by folks who live there. I can't find it. Anybody help?

pvgemini
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by pvgemini » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:52 pm

There is alot of information about restaurants on the virtual vallarta website. I like to look at the Reader's Choice Awards. Click around and I'm sure you'll find lots of good info.

aploj
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by aploj » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:54 pm

there isn´t any webpage to look at now, unfortunately. There is not a "true" independent page (not even tripadvisor), they all write "paid" articles, "paid" best-of (in banderasnews, it´s just a matter of paying to be on the 101 things to do in Vallarta), the readers choice in vallartaonline is mainly voted by foreign tourists or foreigners living in Vallarta, so you won´t get the real opinion of the real locals.

however, by looking at every source, you can obtain a good idea of which places are for tourists, which are favourites of locals, etc... After nearly 4 years here, the only thing I can tell you is that there are very good restaurants in general! And if you need advice use this forum, as you will receive a direct opinion (probably with the opposite points of view)

teatrolimon
PV Guru
PV Guru

reviews

Post by teatrolimon » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:43 pm

try googling

teatro limon puerto vallarta

or look in the history here!

Bruce